cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Controls not working or not working correctly

Explorer

Can someone please help, WiFi controls either don't show on app or they don't work. 

WiFi enhancer does not load .

Setting groups or controls does not work, registered devices do not show. 

Can't test speed. 

21 REPLIES 21
qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah that’s what I’m doing at the moment but despite my smart WiFi devices being connected it doesn’t even show those. So there’s effectively zero way of managing your devices. What a shambles at least the speed is good 😂

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@qucharsky Hmm, that's interesting. Are you looking in the Advanced settings? That's where I can see Smart WiFi devices.

Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @5076

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the problems you're having using the app to manage your broadband.  We can pick up and give you a hand from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you.

Thanks,

Robbie

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yeah I do but they are not showing under extenders. I think they are showing as a WiFi device as there is 3 devices called WLAN which can’t be anything else but not sure.

Explorer

All sorted after speaking to tech team, hub needed to be reset and  uninstalled app. This was achieved with a BT/EE guide on the phone. You need to speak to tech team who will guide you through the steps while they do the magic in the background. Took a few days to sort very busy and helpful team. 

Thank you. 

garywood84
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for sharing @5076, and happy Christmas!

It's good to know that EE has been able to get you up and running, although the solution of resetting the router isn't really a good one. I've done a lot of configurations in mine (e.g. changine the IP ranges, reserving IPs, setting up port forwarding), so resetting it is a pain. It would be worth it, if I knew it was a permanent fix, but I'm not convinced it will be, unless EE gets to the bottom of why it happened in the first place. The problem is so widespread, and often affects people for whom the system was initially working perfectly, that I'll be interested to see if your resolution remains permanent, or if it goes faulty again.

Fingers cross for you, of course, that it is fully resolved...

Raven75
Explorer

I have the same issue. EE has now referred me to to TMC or something like that. It does seem like a lot of people are having a problem with the app. 
I can not access the WiFi controls. It says I am not allowed to access!

this happened after I set up my daughter phone to medium security and now she can’t use WhatsApp.

The chap from EE have actually told me that they think the app was released prematurely before it’s ready. 
I tried to access the router but it looked too complex so I made no changes as I did not want to mess it up anymore l. 
I do think there is one fix that fits all. 

Edwineddy23
Visitor

IMG_3414.png

qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Updated app released today for iOS but didn’t help with the problem 🤦‍♂️ 

Tech team already on my case for a month but nothing is working. They acknowledged that there are problems in the app but they can’t fix them. I am surprised they still advertise  this home plus hub heavily when it’s not really working for so many people.