cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY O WHY DID I EVER AGREE TO GO TO EE.....

Kartesio
Visitor

Possibly the worst service provider out there these days. Was with BT (second worst) for 4 years was upgraded 2 weeks ago to the EE package which includes the Hybrid connect supposed to keep you connected to the mobile network even when the broadband is down. Long story short broadband has been down for 7 days straight and the Hybrid cannot connect to the mobile network, flashing red lights all along. Called support about 10 times in the last 7 days nobody has been able to help, they have also sent another Hybrid connect, same issue, EE literally has no signal... I have already changed provider and waiting for new installation but my advice to all is STEER CLEAR OF EE.

4 REPLIES 4
StarLord119
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

This is exactly the same issue that I am having now, since 15th of March 2024. Again they sent me a new box out however exactly the same issue. And im positive it isnt a signal issue as my mobile is with EE and gets perfect 4G in the exact same location.

I to moved over from BT to EE and they seem oblivious to the fault.

I have made a video of the fault which I have sent over, but still get nothing back. Basically paying for a service that im not getting.

@StarLord119 : Home Broadband does not use 4G, which you're using in comparison with your phone. No such comparison can be made,

Are you taking about a 4G mobile router? In which case you are posting in the wrong forum.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi,  The issues above on this page all report to the issue with 4G on the hybrid connect router.

I'm fully aware that the router itself uses a broadband connection, however the hybrid connect portion is the backup failover from broadband going down to $G sim connection. To stay connected when any fault should occur.

Its a 4G signal light. Not a broadband connection light as shown on the EE guide below.

StarLord119_0-1712758394576.png

@StarLord119 : Ah, sorry, of course you are referring to the EE Hybrid Connect component of EE New BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)