cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT/EE hybrid connect

soughton31
Visitor

I have recently got the EE hybrid connect with BT and it’s flashing red on the signal bars , I’ve been told multiple different things from it’s meant to flash red & that I need a sim for it and then that the sim is already in the box , I am just very confused if someone could explain for me

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's a BT product that happens to use the EE mobile network. Why don't you ask the BT Community  ?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

They do a handy vieo on how to set it up, and shows what the colours mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glyn07HodTQ 

Elliot1983
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi, just moved from BT to EE and getting flashing red bars on EE hybrid connect, no one I've spoken to at EE/BT seems to know why. I was previously with BT and hybrid connect worked fine

Unfortunately this video does not help, it does not show the fault being reported. It does not indicate what a red flashing 4G signal is. My mobile is with EE and has no signal issues in the same house/room whatsoever.

I have been sent a second hybrid connect box, and this has exactly the same issue. I completely agree with the below comment that was submitted.

"Hi, just moved from BT to EE and getting flashing red bars on EE hybrid connect, no one I've spoken to at EE/BT seems to know why. I was previously with BT and hybrid connect worked fine"

Hi, finally managed to get this resolved, had to make a complaint and someone finally got in touch who knew what they were talking about. He said there was a known issue with the Sim cards in these units, and he sent me one that now does work.  Had to return the previous 3 I was sent!!! Good luck