cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis Sold BT to EE

PSHRUBB21
Contributor
Contributor

On the 7th February i made contact with BT to inquiry if BT can send me out their latest router WIFI 6 router agent said no only EE customers receive these routers agent offered to me i can move you across to EE within 2 days and your receive your new EE smart hub plus router so i went ahead with the order and at to agree to a new contract i have only noticed today EE are not sending no new router to me and expect me to continue using my BT smart hub 2 router so i guess i will be cancelling my contract with EE and hopefully BT can put me back on my previous package which was full fibre 500 @ £32.99 per month.

1 REPLY 1
Daminous
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, that definately doesn't sound right as someone who has been with EE, I have always been given a new router sent with anything and everything, even for broadband problems that arise.  Even now with my new contract switching from legacy EE to new EE, it's all in the contract and they are sending me out the new Smart Hub.

The White one I have from last November is EE router is WiFi6 capable so will let you make most use of your higher broadband speed where as the Smart Hub 2 is only WiFi 5. Now despite having only very recently introduced their first Wi-Fi 6 capable Smart Hub Plus (Smart Hub 3) broadband router and supporting kit.   EE, New EE has already said that they intend to roll out new in-home hardware in the future that will feature Qualcomm’s Wi-Fi 7 platform towards the end of 2024 so technically that will be the Smart Hub 4 in coming.  

When you were on the phone with EE they would of explained things to you and it should also be on your contract with the packages you have chosen. For me even having the new White smart hub plus, it is fully compatible with the Digital home phone and upgrade to full fibre, everything brand new is being sent again as part of the upgrade as well as everything that was BT is being erased and replaced withn EE branded equipment. I would go back on the phone, have a chat with EE and explain to them as all EE customers are getting the new Routers.

More so the fact you are switching from BT to New EE, means you end one contract, start another so as standard you should be getting all new equipment unless you specifically have stated on the 3 contracts you didn't want it.