cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer from BT to EE shouldn't be this difficult!

Spenny74
Contributor
Contributor

Was with BT for a number of years, aside from the odd issue my connection was rock solid and had Halo 3+ 900mbp FTTP, however saw the new EE announcement with the 1.6Gbs speeds and WiFi 6 Hub and thought I'd upgrade.  Waited a cople of weeks for the dust to settle and then thought I'd call up and place an order for an 'Upgrade' as prompted on the My BT webpage, and thats when the the fiasco began........

First operative on the phone was that up to speed with the packages and said I couldn't have the 1.6GB speed (although the EE site says I can?), then said I could have the 'Essentials' (00 deal with 3 months free etc, so I went for that and added the smart wifi extenders also, however apparently due to my email address being used on BT is the same as EE it couldnt be completed and had to be escallated and I would get a call next day......the call never came.

So rang up the next day and spoke to another advisor who said I couldn't have the essentials package and had to have the full works package as it had to be an upgrade and more expensive than my BT package......it was only a couple of pounds more and I wanted the updated hub so went ahead with it......again, order had issues with the email and had to be escalated...(by this time overall I had spent in excess of 2 and a half hours on the phone) and would be confrimed the next day. 

An email arrived late the next day to confirm the order and that the equipment was being sent out, great!  However no Hybrid Connect included for some reason.......called up again, nothing can be done until the equipment has been delivered so to call back then.

Equipment turns up (a day later than promised), no hybrid connect.......I plug it all in and cannot access the broadband tab or wifi controls (states I am not allowed to view the page or there has been an issue).  So I call up again and am told that its to do with the switch from BT, they delete my BT ID which didnt fix it and then said the issue needed to go to the offline team to rectify whichcan take up to 5 days to sort, however most are completed in 24 hours (they also say they are going to send me the hybrid connect which was missing and would have it by Tuesday).  Waited 3 days, still no update and cannot access the app controls etc and no Hybrid Connect delivery....

So, I call them again......and apparently even though they sent out some of the equipment my order is shown as failed (still says open on my order page), as such the issue was never escalated and the hybrid connect not ordered.

This advisor has said he needed to cancel my order and wait at least 24hours to re order it......I am awaiting a call back on Sunday Morning to arrange the re order, however I am not confident I will get that call or the order will go through

So far a total of almost 5 hours on the phone and no further forward, plus don't actually know who my broadband is with?!

I have used the BT Forum in the past and the mods on there are very good as escalating issues such as these to the correct teams for speedy resolutions.....is it the same on the EE one?

I appreciate that its a new system, but surely someone at EE knows how to rectify these issues and with the push to get BT customers onto EE it should be pretty straight forward.

27 REPLIES 27
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @Spenny74.

Thanks for coming here. 

I am sorry to hear about your experience so far when moving from BT to EE. 

Of course we want this to be resolved so you can enjoy your new Home Broadband.

Have the agents passed this over to another team who can look into the reason why your order keeps failing?

Does your BT WiFi still work?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Spenny74
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Katie_B ,

Thanks for your response, I have been told the issue has been passed around a number of different teams to try and get it sorted, the last person I spoke with said that although they can see the requests to escalate it, it never actually was as the order is classed as 'Failed' so the escalation didn't go anywhere.  They then said they needed to cancel the order, leave it at least 24 hours and then try reordering it.  I was sent through the new hub and Smart wifi disks from EE (no hybrid connect or Cyber Security info) and also sent back my BT equipment to BT in the bag which came as well.

I currently still have a connection, however cannot see my account on line either on BT (one of the operators deleted my BT ID as they thought this was the issue as I use the same email address) or on my EE account......at this point I dont know who is providing the broadband or whats going to happen next.....

I am supposed to get a call on Sunday morning, however i am not feeling confident that this will happen, or that they will be able to get the order sorted.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The EE Community is unlike BT's where the Mods will actually take charge of cases. Noone here can have access to your specific a/c.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Moose_UK
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m in the exact same boat as you @Spenny74 

Three weeks it’s taken so far. Last agent I spoke to cancelled everything again and said to try again in a week!

I still have my BT account, but nothing is in there anymore.

Currently have two random orders open. One says auto cease and one says auto stop. When clicking them, it just logs me out of EE and says my session has expired.

(BT Full Fibre 900 - 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
Katie_B

Hi @Spenny74

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I'd recommend allowing the team time to investigate this. 

Please keep us updated following your call back Sunday. 

Katie

Whittin1706
Investigator
Investigator

All, do not hold your breath. I have been dealing with this issue for two weeks and am no further forward. I moved from old EE broadband to new EE broadband purely to get the new hub and new features. However the new wifi features just do not work, I get an error says Something went wrong our fault. Try again or come back later when we've fixed it. It has been like this since day one. To date, I have a complaint with the executive office of both EE and BT, a case open with TMC, I have spoken to over 20 different advisors, have been told to restart my hub over 30 times and have been told to delete and re-install the app over 10 times. Still it does not work. EE or BT will not acknowledge they have a user wide issue even though if you search this forum with the term "wifi Controls" you will find multiple users who have the same issue. After speaking to TMC today, I asked if they have had reports from other users experiencing the same issue, they confirmed they have, I asked if any of them have been fixed, they confirmed they have not. I asked how old is the oldest case of this issue, he refused to answer that question. If i was you, I would give up and cancel using your cool off period as it looks like they have no idea what the issue is or how long it will take to fix.

SgtAMYNTAS
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Literally in the same Position..

I ordered on the 30th October 2023 as i was unable to order online,

however they had to place the order when a "glitch" was resolved, however nothing has been done.. my order is still there they had to place it as a 900mbps but offered contract as £68.99 for the 1.6gbps due to the issues.

Screen sharing wasn't working and they advised a call back on the 7th 

"

hi there Kenneth, 

I just wanted to send you an email with an update onto what will be happening going forward.

I am going to be giving you a call back on Tuesday the 7th of November (1 week from today) 
this will be for me to update your broadband package onto the 1.6mbps service. as you know there was an error claiming the offer was for new customers only. 
this will be rectified by 7th November.

you can respond to this if you have any queries. 
but to confirm your package when rectified from 7th November. if you have a preferred time for me to contact you, please let me know,. ""

However i have responded and now nothing, i have called up and called up to make complaints and now being told the 1.6gbps is "NOT" happening  for existing customers. completely different to what i was told. I have two complaints which was directly closed with no call backs when "guaranteed".

There has been no repercussions for miss-sale.

Ive now had to make a complaint to ofcom and then the COS when a deadlock letter is produced.

This is extremely unfair and impractical for long standing customers.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SgtAMYNTAS
Christopher_G

I'm really sorry to hear of this experience, @SgtAMYNTAS. If you have raised a complaint, the complaints team will look into what has happened and contact you, hopefully with a resolution. 

Please keep us updated with what happens.

Chris

Hello 👋  

Compliant 1,VOL013-816387415391 13th November. arith. (Closed) without authorisation. Regarding Compliants, they contacted the person who ordered.

Compliant 2,

VOL013816409581642 13th November

closed again without authorisation 

Non resolution notice.

Not one person has rang me back regarding the order.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SgtAMYNTAS