cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from BT to new EE

LivinThing
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been watching the various posts on here about the can we / can’t we transfer from BT to New EE. I was interested in getting the Apple TV and New Hub as well as the mobile benefits.

I noticed last week that all the problems should have been resolved and we should be able to order, so promptly rang. I got all the way through ordering with one person who then couldn’t go any further because the system wouldn’t offer me Hybrid Connect (we already have it) and he said he would ring me back at 1300 today (no call). So I’ve just rung again this evening and apparently the TV option isn’t possible again and I’m booked in for another call back on the 16th.

Seriously EE/BT, this is just ridiculous now. It’s a half baked launch and a complete waste of customers time. If it’s that difficult to sort your systems out, you have probably made them far too complicated.  When it comes to renewal, you’ve just given me a reason to rethink. Has anyone who is/was with BT managed to successfully transfer to New EE?

28 REPLIES 28
DarrenDev
EE Employee

Sorry you've had this poor experience today. EE TV is fully launched, so I'll need to find out who you spoke to today to find out why they haven't been trained. Could you please email me at tv.apps@bt.com with your account number?

I'll also try to find out if there's a problem with Hybrid Connect.

Thank you, email sent.

GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@DarrenDev when You mention "EE TV is fully launched" do You mean, also for 1.6 Gbps package on new EE Broadband?

Because it seems not 🙂 at least from few Guides perspective 🙂

Also, I getting conflicted info about the option to order "Hybrid Connect" for it. Mostly "most possible" and sometimes "we will call you back" 🙂 but never steps to part as it's ordered, because it's not possible as it's looks 🙂

DarrenDev
EE Employee

Yes - TV on any of the new EE broadband packages, including 1.6Gbps, regardless of who your current broadband/TV provider are.

I'm not aware of any issues with Hybrid Connect, but as I work in TV, I don't hear so much from that side of things.  I have put out a few enquiries though, as it obviously could cause issues for many TV customers.

Should I call again?

DarrenDev
EE Employee

If Hybrid Connect is important to you, then I'd hold off for now - just until I get an answer on why it appears to be blocking orders.

Thanks. I’ll hold off, hybrid connect has been very useful round here. 

GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@DarrenDev just heads up for You...

Guides on 150 yesterday:

It's not possible to order EE TV with 1.6 Gbps BB

It's not possible to order Hybrid Connect with 1.6 Gbps BB

It will be possible at end of the March...

That said, no, it's still no possible to order EE TV, it's a paradox, whilst this was migrated from BT TV to EE TV and rebranded on 6th December 2023, and as such, as EE product, it's not possible to have it on EE account. 

Also, Hybrid Connect - working just fine with EE Smart Hub Plus, I tested it, before I sent the device back to BT, when moved from BT to EE. Don't see any reason, why should be not available for 1.6 Gbps package either...

F8talfury
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If anyone has a smart hybrid connect there’s a gotcha with some orders it seems,  if the activation of the smart hybrid isn’t reported in the backend systems the order for the hybrid won’t close properly and it seems it can hold up new orders etc.  also be careful when the return is raised for the old bt hybrid,  with mine it not only deactivated the old one but my smart hybrid connect as well (sim in it got nuked). The TMC team had to sort a replacement device and get the orders all manually closed.   The migrations are just a mess all round it seems.