cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Problems paying a bill

LouisaBrown
Contributor
Contributor

I am a BT customer who has been "upgraded" to digital voice and now gets billed through EE.

The first bill came though last month and I could not get the page to load and ended up spending ages on the phone to support to try to get it sorted. Was told it was probably an issue because of the transfer from BT and the fact that my account on EE was associated with my EE mobile phone which I have had for years. I was also told it may take a few days to sort and they took my payment over the phone.

Now the second bill has come through and once again I cannot get the page to load. It says billing and payments and there is a little green dot thing spinning and the page never loads.  

I am the sort of person who wants to see what I am being charged for, especially when these bills are going up all the time.  

I eventually managed to access my bill through the home page (ignoring the billing and payment button) but then encountered a whole new set of problems.

First of all, there appears to be no option at all to pay by bank transfer, which is my preferred method of payment.  That this is apparently no longer an option is just ridiculous. 

So I tried the pay now on the site button, except when I press continue after the page with the amount it says sorry we can't process this payment please try again.  And again and again and again.  

I then tried the phone app method, which is not even a proper app, just sending me to the mobile version of the website that gives the same result when trying to pay.

Despite not wanting to set up a direct debit since they are very easy to set up but I have found far more difficult to stop, I considered at this point that it appears to be my only option left.  Except this rubbish site won't let me do that either.  I entered my bank details and hit save and it says This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue.

I then tried phoning but after being on hold for ages got the message that the phones were closing down shortly and to try tomorrow unless it was urgent.  I can't help but wonder if the phones would be quite as busy if the service through the website wasn't as bad as it is. 

I never had this problem on the BT site and quite frankly if I had known it was going to be such a pain to settle my account each month on EE I would not have upgraded and would have gone to another provider entirely.  At this point I am even considering cancelling my pay as you go mobile with EE just so I never have to deal with the company again. 

2 REPLIES 2
LozMD
Investigator
Investigator

I am having exactly the same trouble. I changed over a few months ago, and it has been fine up until now.

I can't pay my bill either. I have called customer service. The girl was lovely, suggested various fixes but nothing worked so she has flagged it up. I have given up trying to pay it for today. It doesn't work on the app or on the website amd Ive tried various browers.

I've now had an email from EE to say that my case has been closed even though the problem hasn't been fixed.

My bill is due to be paid by tomorrow, so I hope that I don't receive an infraction. 

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

@LouisaBrown and @LozMD I'm really sorry you're experiencing problems making a payment on the website. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch and we'll be happy to help. 

If this is urgent, the billing team can be contacted on this link. They can take payment and report an issue with your MyEE account.

Neil