Smart Router

IanM149
Visitor

Today I installed a new Smart Router provided to me by customer support at EE.  The installation went very well, and because I changed the password and the SSID On The router using the interface, I have been able to connect immediately to more than half a dozen devices which require that kind of link.The router using the interface, I have been able to connect immediately to more than half a dozen devices which require that kind of link.

however, I am slightly concerned because despite the fact that I have clicked save in the interface on a number of occasions each time I’ve returned to the database the old designations are there. In other words I cannot get my new password and SSID to remain visible in the database.It does . It does not seem to affect seem to effect Any of the actual devices connected in that way.any of the actual devices connected in that way.

My question is simple. How can I get the smart router hub to SHOW The new entries. I hope someone can answer.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimM11
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@IanM149 If you are doing this all by the web interface on a PC, then close down and restart the connection, the web interface is not the sharpest tool in the box, but you are correct, when you hit save, as long as you do not get an error then you can take it that it more than likely has done it correct.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JimM11
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@IanM149 If you are doing this all by the web interface on a PC, then close down and restart the connection, the web interface is not the sharpest tool in the box, but you are correct, when you hit save, as long as you do not get an error then you can take it that it more than likely has done it correct.