Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub 2 Return - From BT to EE broadband

bomber456
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,
Just switched over from BT, but have been asked to return 2x smart hub 2 devices? I dont use the smart hub and use my own router, i only have the 1 that BT previously sent me. Why is EE asking for 2 of them? I've previously sent back old ones to BT when requested.

thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@bomber456 More than likely your BT account record has that you have 2x BT super hubs and requested they be returned, you would be better to contact EE CS to sort out the issue while it is still fresh, they should be able to tell you exactly when both were dispatched, as you say you have one, then you will know when you received that, and it may be an older one as you say returned but not updated in your account... 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@bomber456 More than likely your BT account record has that you have 2x BT super hubs and requested they be returned, you would be better to contact EE CS to sort out the issue while it is still fresh, they should be able to tell you exactly when both were dispatched, as you say you have one, then you will know when you received that, and it may be an older one as you say returned but not updated in your account... 

bomber456
Investigator
Investigator

thanks, i've spoken to EE CS who have marked the extra one i dont have as returned, so thats sorted now 🙂

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@bomber456 Always keep the postage receipt, take photo's of the returned item's Hub, Power supply, cables etc, track the package all the way to BT/EE return centre, then print tracked to document. Keep hold of it as proof that you returned there requested item's. Test your new hub when you get it, when happy put it aside incase you have issue's sometime and EE insist that you put there hub online. Glad its all worked out good.... 👍  

draculajane
Contributor
Contributor

I know when I was with BT I had a couple of unpleasant experiences of being accused of non-return. Also of having equipment I had never owned!

I had to telephone to get it sorted. I too always kept my proof of posting. My downfall - was having a royal mail collection on one occasion- as they do not do "proof of posting/collection" and BT gave me a hard time with that one.... very stressful at the time.

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@draculajane In future do camera photo at handover, you do not need to get the Postie in picture just his ID, or uniform, that will be good enough proof, Camera photo's will be good enough proof, and they should be able to give you the ID tracking as soon as they scan the package they are collecting, even if they just write it down for you.

draculajane
Contributor
Contributor

That’s such a good idea…. I’m definitely doing that in future. Thank you