Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Hub Plus not configured for Digital Voice

grumpygeek
Investigator
Investigator

Hello all, 

I'm just after a bit of advice really. My digital voice service was supposed to go live on 18th April. And here I am nearly 3 weeks later and still no service.

I have spent literally hours on the phone to support. I'll cut a long story short. I was told my original router was not provisioned for digital voice and was sent a replacement. Today after another hour on the phone I'm told that the replacement router is also not provisioned for digital voice. EE is now sending me a third router.

The support person told me they have had problems with a dodgy batch of routers, but does this seem possible? I must admit I'm not holding out much hope. I think the third router is just going to be the same. Do EE just keep sending me routers until we get one where the digital voice works? 

Sorry for moaning everyone, I'm just really fed up with this now. It's actually really starting to get me down if I'm honest. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Which router do you currently have?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

It's a Smart Hub SH31B

That SH+ is compatible with DV.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

This is what I see when I login to either of the routers. I'm guessing I should see something other than "not configured". I just find it hard to believe that the only solution is to send me another router? Oh well, maybe it'll be third time lucky 😁

1000007041.png

I find it hard to believe that a router enabled for DV needs to be specially provisioned for it before sending out to the user. It's your line/plan that needs provisioning for DV, not the router.

I really don't get it either. Surely there's something EE can do. But if the next one is the same then I'll go through to cancellations and see if that will help them to think of something else. 

This is an issue with the Smart Hub Plus SH31B firmware, it will randomly decide to not link to VoIP, but then after a few restarts it finally connects. BT Smart Hub 2 has no issues, connects straight away.

Thank you. I'll keep trying.

Hi Grumpygeek,

This may help?

Also moved from BT full fibre 900 to EE full fibre 900 / gigabit product, and despite NOT wanting yet another hub they sent a black Hub +.  Support initially said didn't need one at BY smart hub 2 was fine, then other support person said won't work / properly / full speed!  Support even said save old hub settings and restore to new hub for speed/ease - so must be VERY similar insides ( although hub+ had wifi6 ).

Anyway, set up new hub this morning ( fed up with almost daily reminders to send back smart hub - with serial number on one they wanted!  or get £50 fee ) and easy enough, although hub+ doesn't have it's initial IP address on the info label/plate!  Easy enough to get though.  Needed firmware update.  Then advanced screen changed after update and the save / restore option has gone from the Advanced/System page, just factory reset and admin p/w change left!

Been stuck on digital voice since full fibre and worked OK on Alexa smart DV phone and adaptor for normal walkabout phones/base-station once registered.

Had that NO DV Service grey box on hub screen, registered Alexa phone and it said no service.  Hub screen did not change.  Checked my account that DV had been retained, yep!

Online EE help said if this happens or phone gives error messages, pull the plug on hub for at least a minute and check.

By the time I had found this hint, I checked hub screen and phone, and Voila!  It was working and the greyed out DV box showed my number.  Same when I registered the adaptor for the other phones.

So guess it's not really the hub at fault? if you already had DV, just wait a bit and/or turn off hub for a minute after registering a phone.

As above tho', could be an intermittent issue with this firmware?

Sorry for the long post, hope it helps a  little!

B