Final Bill

robh661
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been with EE coming up to a fortnight, but I’ve still had no final bill from BT, even though when you look through the timeline it shows that once your EE services start, BT will issue a final bill within. 24 hours. 
Because at the moment I’m paying for 2 broadband services. One from BT & the other from EE. 
And to give you some idea, the BT bill for April was issued on the 8th with the DD taken on the 13th. And my 1st EE bill was issued on the 18th April the same as my activation date with the DD taken on the 26th. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@robh661 Not sure if this will help as different company, but joined EE and active 25th Mar, my final bill and return from SKY is due 5th May. It's just the way they work, they have to wait, work out credit, ensure returned items etc, take the payments in between, then final credit is issued, depending on the cross over date's and the fact that you do pay in advance you will probably have one more extra BT payment, but you should get it all back + any credit, it's all automated but not in your favour.

Do keep an eye on it, sometimes they get it wrong and both keep taking payments then you have to step in and get it sorted. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@robh661 Not sure if this will help as different company, but joined EE and active 25th Mar, my final bill and return from SKY is due 5th May. It's just the way they work, they have to wait, work out credit, ensure returned items etc, take the payments in between, then final credit is issued, depending on the cross over date's and the fact that you do pay in advance you will probably have one more extra BT payment, but you should get it all back + any credit, it's all automated but not in your favour.

Do keep an eye on it, sometimes they get it wrong and both keep taking payments then you have to step in and get it sorted. 

robh661
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I'll see what happens around the the 8th May.

Just an update, they issued me a bill on the 5th May, and I’m actually in credit for the part of the month where I did the switchover to EE. 
So hopefully I’ll get the refund at the next DD payment date.