EE App Error

ras_el_hanout
Investigator
Investigator

Hello

I switched from BT to EE last week (full fibre gigabit broadband and EE TV). Everything seems to be working ok, apart from the EE app. On the home page it says "there's a problem getting your broadband speeds. Please try again later."

Also when I try to access "WiFi Controls" I get a message saying "Installing update..." and it tells me the update is required and will take between 20 minutes and 1 hour. It's been saying that since Saturday afternoon, so I am pretty sure something is wrong with it. Would be nice to see the status of the wifi extenders etc as I used to be able to on the BT set up!

Thank for any assistance.

9 REPLIES 9
ras_el_hanout
Investigator
Investigator

Here is the app message…been stuck like this since Saturday afternoon!

IMG_0897.png

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

@ras_el_hanout I'm sorry about that, have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app to see if the update works?

Thanks

Neil

Hi @Neil-O yes I tried that on Saturday evening at the suggestion of one of your colleagues on the phone. It didn't help. I will try and uninstall and reinstall again later when I'm at home and report back tomorrow.

Thanks

Just reinstalled the app now and it is doing the update routine, as expected. It has only been a couple of minutes so far so let’s see. I just noticed though the app seems to think I have broadband over the phone line but I don’t, it’s direct in to the WAN port for me

See photo “plug black cable with grey end into your hub”

I am starting to think the app is just a bit below par tbh!

IMG_0898.png

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi

I have same issues did you have any luck with reinstalling the app and getting wifi controls to work.

Hi @asteaman thanks for your comment. No, the app remains stuck on “installing update” and I can’t use the WiFi controls in the app at all!

I personally think we will need to wait for an app update to fix this issue. Would be good to hear EE’s thoughts!

Following. Same issue.

cj900
Visitor

Been having the exact same issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app to try and actually access WiFi controls because I continually kept bumping into errors. Now this is still happening and has been stuck for at least an hour now. I think EE should really put some actual effort into their app, because I'm very tired of these issues.

asteaman
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's very frustrating after installing my 3rd Smart Hub,re installing app,still no access to wifi controls.