cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing WiFi problems after switch from BT Broadband

Keiffy1964
Visitor

About 5 weeks ago we switched from BT to EE for our Broadband and TV. Starting to regret that decision. We were sent a new router, a new TV box and 3 WiFi plus boxes. This is the same equipment we had with BT for many years. Over this period we hardly had any issues and I was always able to speak to someone if I wanted.  Oh how have things changed!!. We've been having ongoing problems and it is impossible to speak to anyone! When you phone them, you just get connected to a fault Bot and you end up in a loop. I've started to keep a record of the issues but generally the same problem. Over the last ten days, our WiFi has gone off during the night on six occasions. On the following mornings, nothing connects to the internet. The connection to the Ring doorbell, our thermostat, the TV, all our mobile devices, our work computers drops over the previous night. Weirdly, you don't realize initially because the router remains blue. The TV has an error IPC6023. Our phones advise that there's no Internet despite also stating that that we have an excellent signal. Unplugging the router and plugging it back in generally solves the issue but I shouldn't have to do this every other day! I've raised a complaint now but not holding my breathe. Starting to think that EE's equipment is substandard compared to BT.

PXL_20240502_165050216.jpg

Screenshot_20240507-072440.png

2 REPLIES 2
Ksnowy8
Visitor

Hi. Have you been able to resolve this with EE?

I have an ongoing fault and still in my cooling off period. Our BT equipment worked fine but with the new EE hub it lags terribly and doesn’t maintain a stable connection. We have had a replacement hub, an engineer and now an open reach appointment booked which they have randomly just cancelled with no real explanation. I am on the verge of cancelling but have no idea if they will be able to fix this. Interested to hear if you have resolved your problem 

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Keiffy1964 It may be worth trying to change the wi-fi 6 mode of the EE router to see if it is causing your problem? Default is AX performance. Can you also advise what type of connection you have to your home, FTTP or older FTTC if you know, the router is generally not as good as your previous and EE are working on it which does not help customers who are having issues.