cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills not showing / controlling wifi (groups)

ruditluis
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there, 

I switched to EE from BT for broadband in December 2023. Although I experienced a few issues, I was eventually able to view my bills online. However, I could only access these for one week in January 2024. During this time, I was also able to use the app to establish wifi rules and groups. One of these groups meant that new devices needed to be added, otherwise they would show as connected but "no internet".

Unfortunately, since then until now (May 15th 2024), I haven't been able to see my bills online as my EE ID is no longer connected with my broadband package. This means that I can't use the app to manage my wifi. I also have more than 5 devices that are unable to access the internet due to the wifi rules I previously set up.

I've been struggling to resolve this issue and every time I try to link my EE ID with my broadband account number, I receive a message requiring me to call and confirm my identity. I've made several calls and complaints, almost every week, but no one can help me. I'm always told to wait for 2-3 days.

As a software developer, I've tried everything I could think of including resetting the router. I even bought a Ubiquiti router and connected it using an ethernet cable, but the issue persisted. Apparently, this is due to the EE router treating this device as "new" and therefore showing "no internet".

Currently, my only temporary solution is using VPN, but the maximum speed is only 6 MBs. Meanwhile, my broadband package is supposed to be 900MB/100MB.

Could you please help me to resolve this ongoing issue? I'm not sure what else to do at this point.s1.pngs2.png

8 REPLIES 8
JimM11
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@ruditluis If you click on your R, does it allow you to see your profile?

Yes @JimM11 s3.png

JimM11
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@ruditluis And if you call the 0800 number at that time do they not manage to help?

@JimM11  No. "I've made several calls and complaints, almost every week, but no one can help me. I'm always told to wait for 2-3 days."

JimM11
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@ruditluis Is your EE router connected as the first router in line? Or have you taken it completely offline at present.

EE router is the first router in line. @JimM11 

JimM11
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@ruditluis Sorry for the late reply, looks like you may be one of the BT - EE account issue's do you also know if your mobile app is at the latest, Android is version 5.37.0 not an ios user so not sure what it is on or even done. 

@JimM11 I experienced the same issue when I tested it on an Android device, although I initially encountered it while using an iPhone.
ss.jpg