cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Digital Voice and broadband installation

SteveF1963
Explorer

SteveF1963_0-1714261812695.png

Is this acceptable for installing the fibre box?  That is I'm not sure if it's a red wire or fibre but should it be just left there? Also, is no attempt to tidy up acceptable? On top of that the Kelly Communications guy did not test the phone after installing a home phone adaptor for the phone my vulnerable mother in law wanted to keep. I'm disgusted I had to do a 70 mile round trip to see the adaptor was not synced to the hub.

3 REPLIES 3
JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@SteveF1963 Engineer could have nipped the tracer cable away would have been better, my not be his responsibility to setup the broadband and telephone, always a grey area on that one, was it a paid or self install from EE if it was paid then get back onto CS and complain regarding the installation. The tech may not have had the knowledge to get the phone adapter paired to the router and delay's when things go wrong means next install time's are all going wrong also. 

Hi JimM11,

Thanks for the reply. 

The 'engineer' was sent in to do the complete upgrade from the existing BT phone and broadband hub and did get the broadband all working and the home phone adaptor plugged in with the existing phone, so should have completed the installation. I'm not aware there was a cost for it. When I phoned EE to find out if there was a problem with digital voice service provided they had the installation down as complete. Just thought it was poor to leave a 79 year old without service and not knowing it wasn't working.

JimM11
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@SteveF1963 Fully understand the predicament, you are correct, would have followed up especially regarding the landline, does sometimes take time for setting to operate on voice, but as you said if he did not pair the adapter then unless he tried into the rear of the hub, installer may have known that it takes time and should have passed on the message if so. If you receive a customer satisfaction e-mail make sure to raise all the points that you know.... Hope its all going ok for your relative now would certainly keep an eye on the landline, search the forum so you are aware of the potential issues that EE have with voice.