cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the EE Digital home phone without using the EE Smart Hub

Dark-Overlord
Visitor

Sorry if this has been covered previously but I can find any information or help.

I've recently moved to EE and on the Full Fibre 900 which is brilliant. 

The issue I have is that I'm not using the EE supplied Smart Hub as I have an extensive Asus Mesh network in place.  The network is all sorted and really good but as I'm not using the EE Smart Hub my digital home phone can't be plug in or link via the adapter (which I also have).

Any ideas on how I can get my digital home phone service connected without using the EE Smart Hub.

I have tried connecting the EE Smart Hub to my Asus router vis ethernet but that did not work.  I did not look at chaging any settings when I did this so maybe that is the issue.

Ideally I do not use the EE Smart Hub as a bridge as it big and bulky.

Any help are advice would be really appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dark-Overlord 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Obviously as an EE employee, I'd recommend using the equipment we've supplied, but understand that you don't want to.

We have some very knowledgeable users who, I'm sure, will be along to try and help you with this.

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

For DV you must use the EE SH supplied. It has a port for DECT connection.

It might be possible with the EE SH as the main router with the Asus as a WAP off it.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)