cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Plusnet ADSL and BT landline to EE

insert_name
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, asking on behalf of my aunt as I seem to be the family IT person! - she has Plusnet ADSL and BT phoneline and looking to simplify and I'll suggest she goes to EE. Where she lives FTTC and digital voice is only option on EE checker . Am I right in thinking that any new order digital voice is the only way to keep her existing landline number and she;ll need a new digital phone to plug into the new smart hub she'd get?

Also, what is the telephone adaptor thing that EE offers for £0 at point of ordering? looks like it plugs into the mains and a telephone (old style) plugs into it.

Appreciate any help - it was much simpler with copper   😄

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@insert_name  yes, the only way to keep the number would  be to order digital voice. But no need for a new phone, they should just be able to plug an existing phone into the new router. If they have multiple extensions they would need another solution - either wiring or via a hands free Dect solution.

I don't have access to the order form, so not sure what the adapter is.

insert_name
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

thanks @Mustrum appreciate the reply, will have a chat and see what she wants to do.

I understand that the DV port on the EE router is a DECT socket and the adapter that plugs into it is a DECT base station to which you may connect other slave DECT handsets to it wirelessly.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)