cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norton activation email

JDsenior
Investigator
Investigator

How long after the set up of broadband should I expect the email or text allowing me to claim the free year or norton security?

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you really get or need a msg about it? You can get it from your MyEE for BB: BROADBAND > Norton Security software > Norton security premium > Register & Download  

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Screenshot_20231019_073450_Chrome.jpg

 with in the message above it states that there should be a register and download button after scrolling down to the bottom of the screen. However it is not there and if I use the link that you helpful posted in your reply there is nothing there to suggest that ee will be paying for the first years subscription. 

Regards

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JDsenior,

Are you viewing the page over your EE Home Broadband connection?

Are you using any VPN services?

James

No I am working away so using mobile Data to view the Web page.

Regards

James_B

Hi @JDsenior,

You'll need to activate the service over you home broadband connection to verify your eligibility.

Thanks

James

At the top of the page I linked it states:

Norton Premium Antivirus Software

Free security for up to 10 devices when you take EE Home Broadband

Norton Security Premium

The new Norton Security Premium protects you on the many ways you connect - from your PCs, Macs®, smartphones and tablets.

Worth £79.99 but free for a year with EE

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hello,

No I am home I can see the register and download button. I have gone through the link but it is trying to charge me £99.99, I understand that I will need to subscribe and then cancel before renewal to not be charged. However it is trying to take £99.99 in the first place.

Regards

Christopher_G

Are you connected to your WiFi when you're doing it, @JDsenior?

Chris