cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free full fibre installation?

SteveoD1
Visitor

Hi all,

Does anyone know, if I sign to a EE fast fibre broadband package, will BT/EE install the required fibre from the cabinet on the roadside outside my house, up to my house?  And if they do would it be free?  I have fibre to the cabinet outside my house, then standard copper cable from the cabinet to my house.  So basically changing from FTTC to FTTH.  The distance would be approx 30 metres.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The FTTP Broadband set-up fee is £50.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The FTTP Broadband set-up fee is £50.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@SteveoD1   FTTP does not come from the cabinet used for FTTC.

Enter your details on the BTW Checker, to see if FTTP is available.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Post the results hiding your phone number or your address checker, depending on which version you have used.

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker.

Nickybutch
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi all,

I do have a problem.

Last Thursday, I ordered EE Full Fibre Gigabit Essentials broadband with digital voice service in the London Area which was originally planned according to the website this Friday coming.

I tracked the order and it said that the Engineer could not make the appointment even though there was an option for this date. I telephoned Customer Services and they said that there were some action needed to be done with myself present but I was at work and couldn't do it, but they said that this could be completed on Saturday of which I did not receive a phone call, as this being yesterday. I telephoned Customer Services and spoke to an advisor who said that the collections team was recovering an amount of some kind even though I am up to date with my payments and my late mother's EE Fibre broadband (36Mbs) with landline account was closed with nothing to pay and an Engineer would email me with a new date. 

The problem is that I have taken time off work for this installation on Friday and checked online again and this time showing the date of 1st November which I cannot do and there is no one available to there with the engineer. I am only available until 12 noon on that day as I have to go to work.

I do not know what the hold up is with the installation as  there is no other problem.

Any suggestions which can help me with this?

Nickybutch

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nickybutch 

Sorry to hear that you've had some problems with the installation. I can only recommend discussing your experience with our customer service team.

Hope you get sorted.

Chris

Nickybutch
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This is the problem.

Why the delay regarding my installation where there is no problem to solve?

If the only available date (other than my original date of 27th October) is 1st November - the engineers MUST come at 8am to install or I will be late for work as I work at an airport and due to short staff - I am needed there regardless.

I live alone and I have asked my brother to come round but he is busy - so I have no one who could be at my property to take care of the engineer.. The only free date I have is Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th November. Delivery of equipment is a problem as I might not be in when Royal Mail deliver it as I only available until 12 noon.

My direct debit for the new broadband is already set up and payment is on 27th October. also I have a funeral 1st week of November and I would like it installed by then.

Customer Service is no help as what has happened is caused by them and explained in my past post.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nickybutch 

I've sent you a private message. Please have a look for me.

Chris