cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold service

Deception1
Investigator
Investigator

Absolutely awful service.  I was persuaded to move over from Sky after 20 years with a package including Broadband and TV. Since moving on 4 October it has been one issue after another. The TV package did not include what was agreed - mis-sold. The Broadband was promised throughout the house, I now only have it in part of the house. Have been on the phone again and been told that I have a basic package and to receive Wi-Fi throughout the house, I need to upgrade my package- mis-sold. None of this was explained at my original call as I would not have moved over. Why would I need to move if I am  paying the same at Sky?

I was promised something different to what I have received. It’s been so stressful and I’m exhausted trying to get it sorted. I am stuck in no man’s land as my cooling off period with Sky has ended - 20 year’s service down the drain and I’m stuck with BT at higher prices. As Wi-Fi is needed as I work from home, I can’t cancel anything.

Hope you’re happy with yourselves BT.

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Deception1   what service have you signed up for?

What issues are you having?

You mention BT several times, but this is the EE forum, BT have their own one which your questions may be better placed.

It is not the Sky cooling off period you should be concerned with, but if you do have EE Broadband I believe their cooling off period is up to 14 days after the service goes live.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Deception1 wrote:

Why would I need to move if I am  paying the same at Sky?

Then what was it that was enough to persuade you to migrate from Sky? What extra were you promised? It is doubtful that EE's BB is any diff from Sky & the reach of WiFi within the house would be or could be made much the same with any router.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Apologies for not replying sooner. I am still trying to get this sorted.

Thank you for asking. I know this is the EE forum. It was an EE agent I signed up with. They then work with BT to provide the services agreed with the EE agent.

Apologies for not responding earlier, still trying to sort it all out.

Thank you for taking an interest and asking.

I was promised faster speeds throughout the house and additional products with the TV package. With Sky I had an additional router at no extra cost, BT didn’t tell me at the point of signing up that there would be an additional cost for an extra router to ensure full coverage.

@Deception1  thanks for coming back to us with some more info.

Is there anything we can help you with?

It is often difficult to get the most out of any new supplier, especially when you have been with another for such a long time.  But do shout up if you have any question or if you think we can help.