Broadband

Andrew111222
Investigator
Investigator

My broadband bill has gone up from £19 to £59 .

i am a pensioner on pension credit ,when I signed up I asked would it go up , and he said no grrr I feel I have been coned .

i will be cancel my dd at the bank .

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you reached the end of your min. contract term? It's not a fixed price contract. Your bill will increase at that time as you would've been informed when you took it out. You can see this even now with EE's current offers:

Fibre Plus Broadband
  • 54-73 Mb/s estimated download speed range
  • £27 a month, 18 month contract, then £42 a month

Which EE BB package do you have?

Instead of letting your current contract run on at the higher price, all you have to do is commit to a new 18-month contract for the same BB package at a lower price than you are paying now. You can do this online thro' your MyEE for BB under Change your broadband plan .

I wouldn't cancel your DD if I were you. You risk spoiling your credit history and being chased by debt collectors. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you reached the end of your min. contract term? It's not a fixed price contract. Your bill will increase at that time as you would've been informed when you took it out. You can see this even now with EE's current offers:

Fibre Plus Broadband
  • 54-73 Mb/s estimated download speed range
  • £27 a month, 18 month contract, then £42 a month

Which EE BB package do you have?

Instead of letting your current contract run on at the higher price, all you have to do is commit to a new 18-month contract for the same BB package at a lower price than you are paying now. You can do this online thro' your MyEE for BB under Change your broadband plan .

I wouldn't cancel your DD if I were you. You risk spoiling your credit history and being chased by debt collectors. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I remember asking him would I have any increase, and I remember him saying no ,

I will be outing this on trust pilot , I just can’t afford it , he sold me this when I phoned up to cancel because I could not afford the phone bill and he sold me the broad band , I would not have agreed to this because I simply can’t afford it .

ps , I will have to cancel the dd for the broad band . I will keep the phone .

The day I signed for broadband I had phoned up to cancel my phone because I
am a pensioner on pension credit, he sorted out my phone then sold me a 18
month broadband for £19 per month I specifically remember asking him would
the price go up at all in the 18 months and he said no,it seems now that he
lied !
I have a reminder to contact EE in December why would I have that and not a
reminder for now .
I am so angry.
I will cancel the dd because I can’t pay it , you threaten me with debt
collectors , I will offer a £1 a month .
That sale person who signed me up should be sacked for being dishonest!!!
xxxxxx xxxxxxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Andrew111222.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Broadband Care team so they can take a look at your account.

They will be able to let you know what your best options are.

Jon

@Andrew111222 wrote:

I specifically remember asking him would the price go up at all in the 18 months and he said no,it seems now that he lied !

No! He was right. The price doesn't go up within the 18 months min. term; it goes up afterwards.

I only started broadband with EE July 2019 !!!!
I only had the phone before that.

On taking out a new fibre broadband package, the EE rep. specifically stated to me that price rises dotake place each year based on the Retail Price Index, I believe.  BT does the same. From my own personal experience, the only one I know of which does not raise prices during the contact term, is Talktalk.

Ask for a copy of the conversation recording when you talked with the sales person, EE should have a recording of the conversation. this should help you if they miss sold you the contract. good luck

Karen71
Investigator
Investigator

Hi my internet hasnt worked probably since June 4 times its took to fix it, first my bill was £19 then its gone up to £45.Alsi suppose to get refunded still waiting