cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EE app wifi controls not working

niclawson
Investigator
Investigator

So looks like I am one of the customers who cannot access the wifi controls on the EE app for the new broadband service. Can see loads of people are having the same issue. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app and rebooting the router but like everyone else this doesn’t work. Has there been a work around done for this yet?

20 REPLIES 20
Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @niclawson,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I am sorry that it's not working for you. I'm going to send you a private message so that you can reach our team here at EE.

Thank you

DanielS

Leon380
Contributor
Contributor

Did they manage to sort yours? I’m waiting for a call back and wonder if anyone is getting the issue fixed. 

Alan1209
Investigator
Investigator

Hi I am having the same problems and have phoned ee about 30 times and just keep getting the run around. Have they fix the problem for you. They should delete the ee app and use the BT app you can do everything on the BT app. 

Thanks Alan1209

They should delete the EE app or this part of it and use the router itself to config itself!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Not heard anything yet, waiting for response from EE after responding to a PM they sent me. So nothing yet

Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @niclawson and welcome back.

Sorry for the time it's taking to get to you.  We will pick up your case as soon as we possibly can and we'll be in touch then too.

Thanks,

Robbie

Thanks for letting me know. I have researched this and there are ten's of thousands with the same problem. Mr Keven Bacon you should be ashamed of yourself advertising something that doesn't work. EE delete the EE app and use the BT app you are one company so why have 2 apps when the EE app is only sometimes fit for seeing how much we owe you and nothing else. 

I am also havingthe sameproblems. I have researched this and there are ten's of thousands with the same problem. Mr Keven Bacon you should be ashamed of yourself advertising something that doesn't work. EE delete the EE app and use the BT app you are one company so why have 2 apps when the EE app is only sometimes fit for seeing how much we owe you and nothing else. 

Ryan01
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I’m having the same issue also, I did get somewhere with it, if you ask the broadband tech team  if they could send it off to a team called TMC they will look further into it for you like they have for myself.

i hope this helps you make some progress on the issue.