cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of signal at back of house

Kirsta4
Visitor

I have had EE broadband for ages now and really struggle with the service reaching the back bedroom and garden of a standard 3 bedroom semi property.  The internet comes in through the front of the property. 

I purchased a booster plugged into the kitchen and one for the top of the stairs (1 from Amazon and the other from Argos (I think).  Whilst the booster allows me to have a signal in the kitchen (which is directly below the back bedroom), the booster at the top of the stairs does not seem to do anything (I have even swapped them around).  

Previously when this bedroom was in use, the grandchildren would use my daughters mobile data, however, she has now left home and the grandchildren are not impressed!  Someone suggesting leaving doors open - but this has not worked.  Any idea's how I can boost the signal to reach other places within the home?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kirsta4  are you sure this Wi-Fi repeater is actually working correctly have you tried setting it up from scratch again ? 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

You mention having swapped the two repeaters/boosters round - did the fault follow the unit?

If so, then either it's misconfigured or it has a fault.