cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address not listed even though "connected"

Matty831
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. So I want to join EE Fibre Broadband.

I live in a smal block of 4 flats. All are "connected" with BT phone line. And one of the flats is a BT Broadband customer. That flat is the only address listed to get EE fibre but not mine. How do i get my flat number to show on the address checker like the  flat above me so I can join?

Not currently an EE customer and they are not the easiest to contact 

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13
Flowboy
Explorer

Hi,

what do you mean by all are connected?  Do you actually have a BT / Openreach landline cable into your flat? If it only goes to the "BT connected account" flat, then I think you would have to get a separate BT /Openreach line to your flat in order to get on the list for fibre.

I assume the connected flat is paying the BT bill, hence that is the only registered connection.

Openreach are in the process of turning off copper landlines so in the near future (in theory) we will all be on fibre but as far as I know,  it requires you to have a direct connection in the first place.  We have BT mobiles but that has always piggybacked off the EE mobile network.  Recently that changed. Now to do anything with our BT mobiles we get redirected straight to EE & our new contracts will be with EE. 

So the flats are new build and each flat has its own phone line & virgin media cables. (currently with virgin)

Sky has no issues detecting address/phone line but BT/EE does

@Matty831   Can you enter your phone number in the BT DSL Checker and post the results - hiding the phone number.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL 

If you are not sure of the number you can dial 17070 and it will let you know - if it is a BT line.

Could it be a Virgin media line? 

hmmm dont have a landline phone and been with virgin since i lived here. Landlord said the lines are active. (virgin has its own cables underground)

I assume theres no other way to check?

@Matty831   any chance you could borrow one?

You could try the adress check option on the same form.

As all ISP;s use the info from that database it is the key to see what Openreach can deliver to you.

Thank you. It says "We cannot determine broadband availability at this location. This may be a new address to which connectivity is not yet complete."

So this means the line is not active? How do I get around this? Just a case of calling them to ask them to send engineer to flip a switch so I xan order their broadband?

I also used that link to check the active flat above me and this is what it says. 

Screenshot_20231118_173248_Chrome.jpg

@Matty831    There seems to be a bit more than just a switch needing flipped.

From the pic BTW/Openreach have the premixes down as one house.building. Is it a total new build or a large house that has recently been converted?

Are the flat numbers recognised on the BTW checker?

In any event it seems Openreach will need to come out again and do a survey before you can get any service.

The phone lines may or may not be working, but your are in a fibre priority exchange area, so you won't be able to change the service on the phone line - if it is working.

You will need to call and get an order placed with your chosen supplier, I would not be trusting any that say they can do it online.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Does Royal Mail Postcode Finder list your addy? If not, you need to report it to RM from there & it should eventually filter thro' to the BT database.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yeah all flats ate recognised on Royal Mail. All recognised by other companies. Its just when it comes to broadband that address is only recognised by virgin media (current provider) & sky

Are the flat numbers recognised on the BTW checker?

Yeah. All flats are recognised on there.

Is it a total new build or a large house that has recently been converted?

Its a new(ish) house (5 years old) then large extention on the side. (3 years old). So 2 flats on the ground floor, 2 on top. When the landlord converted it, he had virgin cables laid and phone lines installed to each flat