cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Apple Watch plan is still activating

Alby2
Visitor

Hey,

I just got an Apple Watch and yet I haven’t been able to activate the data.

It’s been now more than 24 hours.

This is the message I get from “Mobile Data”: 

“Your Apple Watch plan is still activating. It usually takes up to 4 hours to activate. To check if you are activated please go to >My Watch App > Mobile Data. If the Watch App still shows activating, you are almost there!

If Watch App doesn't show as activating, we need to help finish the setup. Call us on 150 with code 030.

You can carry on using your phone while the activation is in progress. Click finish to close this page.”

Is there anything I need to do to activate it? 

Thanks

25 REPLIES 25
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alby2   Are you on contract or PAYG with your iPhone ?    Where did you get the watch from ? 

Does it show the error code 030 ?  You only saying what the message is have you checked to see what it actually says ?   

Same message for me. It’s a PAYG and I get sim from direct EE outlet.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gosmash

Thanks for coming here. 

To connect the watch and phone you would need either a SIM only or a pay monthly plan, this would not work with a pay as you go account. 

Leanne. 

I have the same message.

I have got 24 month contract and eSIM. 

@JYuan   You do have Wi-Fi switched off on both devices  ?

I have switched on Wifi on both apple iphone and watch.

Christopher_G

Thanks, @JYuan 

If it still isn't working, it may be worth speaking to our technical support team.
Chris

applewatch
Investigator
Investigator

After speaking to support the only way to get an Apple watch working on cellular with EE is:

Buy the apple watch from the as part of a contract.

Useless feature in the UK? 

Christopher_G

Did you buy your watch from elsewhere, @applewatch? Do you have a pay monthly contract for your phone with EE?

Chris