cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Watch & eSIM / data connection?

Technaudio
Investigator
Investigator

I understand that if I buy an LTE Pixel watch, I also need to buy an eSIM to give the watch a separate data connection to my phone. But, the only option is 4Gb, I already have over 140Gb across my account so I don't *need* 4Gb on the watch eSIM, can't I just share the data I already have?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Technaudio  you cannot share the data from your phone tariff to the watch. The watch is a separate contract/line on your account that’s linked to your phone to receive calls and texts.  so in order for this have its own cellular connection you need to pay for a data to allowance.    The watch will still link to your phone via Bluetooth when together but if you leave the phone at home it’ll need a cellular connection.   4Gb is ample for the watch.     Since I’ve had my cellular Apple Watch ( 7 months) I’ve not yet used 1Gb as my phone is always with me. 

if you’re getting the watch from EE you do not need to purchase an eEim as it comes with a tariff already. 

Why not? I can share the data across my 3 other phones, why not to the watch? It seems stupid to have to 'buy' another 4Gb of data if I already have loads spare.