cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Watch & eSIM / data connection?

Technaudio
Investigator
Investigator

I understand that if I buy an LTE Pixel watch, I also need to buy an eSIM to give the watch a separate data connection to my phone. But, the only option is 4Gb, I already have over 140Gb across my account so I don't *need* 4Gb on the watch eSIM, can't I just share the data I already have?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Technaudio  you cannot share the data from your phone tariff to the watch. The watch is a separate contract/line on your account that’s linked to your phone to receive calls and texts.  so in order for this have its own cellular connection you need to pay for a data to allowance.    The watch will still link to your phone via Bluetooth when together but if you leave the phone at home it’ll need a cellular connection.   4Gb is ample for the watch.     Since I’ve had my cellular Apple Watch ( 7 months) I’ve not yet used 1Gb as my phone is always with me. 

if you’re getting the watch from EE you do not need to purchase an eEim as it comes with a tariff already. 

Why not? I can share the data across my 3 other phones, why not to the watch? It seems stupid to have to 'buy' another 4Gb of data if I already have loads spare.

Completely agree. Talk about a con. 

Hello @Technaudio 

You may share data on your phones however with the Watches 4GB is enough.  Just how the Tariff works and how the system works.

Not an EE Employee

To call EE Customer Services use Skype for free by using Wifi by using the Numbers below.
To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone.

@fluffycabbage  Because EE are a company and to operate a company it has to generate revenue.   It’s a separate line on your account that has its own data allowance and what you can do with other lines on your account is irrelevant.   At least you can gift data and EE don’t have to have such a feature.    It’s just like you can’t have any sort of discount on a watch tariff.  It’s in the T&Cs.   Not sure how you think it’s a con because you can find out this information before you take out a watch contract.