cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone been mis-sold a Google Pixel Watch?

tammclaughlin
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I currently have a complaint open with EE regarding being mis-sold a Google watch and wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

I recently switched from BT BB back to EE BB so I have the common issue that EE can't link my account.

Every time I call to speak about this, the agent tells me they can fix this etc etc and they never can.

I called end of January to talk about this issue and the agent started to look at my account and said that the previous agent had made a mistake and not given me the best deal and said he could save me something like £6 pm on my broadband. I think I got switched from full fibre all rounder to essentials (no idea the difference as I can't see what the all rounder was).

The agent also said he could get me a "free" pixel smart watch.  I said I had a smart watch but if it's free ok.

He said this was because of the broadband deal I was on.

He said the 5G data was free.  

I had to sign the documents over my mobile and while I could see a charge of £14 the total was  £0 making it look like this was discounted to 0.

Bill comes in and I get charged £14.

Usually I'm suspicious of something being free but I was just so worn down by EE that I had called about my BB issue not being able to log into my BB account and this guy sounded more hopeful saying last agent had done it wrong and he had fixed it.

I did not call up looking for a watch and said to him I did not need a watch but ended up walking away with a "free" watch that I am now paying for.

EE will listen to the call and determine if they will let me out the contract !!!

I'm going to Ofcom in any case.

Has anything like this happened to anyone? 

8 REPLIES 8
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@tammclaughlin , the watch was sent to you at no cost, but the charge is for two months data use, one months now and one advance payment, as contracts are paid one month in advance, as the EE only have cellular devices and that is what you are paying. 

You do have 14 days cooling off for that and can request to return it, and then the money will be refunded.

Should always read the terms and conditions, which should have told you that the device is free, but there is still a monthly cost for the cellular data.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
tammclaughlin
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I respectfuly disagree with your assessment.

Technically what you said may be accurate but it was not what I was told.  

I was told it was a "free watch" and was given the impression that the data was free. I am sure I was told that that 5G data was also free but can't recall exactly what was said.

Sure I should have read the terms and conditions at the time I was offered this .... but there is pressure to accept the terms and condition on sent to your mobile at the time. Also, I was only aware of this after the 14 days when my bill came in.

Since EE have a major IT issue that they can't link accounts, I can't get to see what the plan is.

However, the issue still stands that this watch was mis-sold e.g. I did not call up wanting a watch. Why would I ever need or want to pay for a data plan on my watch when I have data on my mobile? I called up for an issue to get resolved which has still not been resolved and was offered a free watch.   Sounds unethical to me.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tammclaughlin,

I'm sorry to hear the details of the watch plan weren't made clear to you at the point of sale. 

You've done the right thing in speaking to Customer Care about this.

The team will get back to you after reviewing the sales call.

Thanks

James

tammclaughlin
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks.  

tammclaughlin
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The EE customer service process is truly terrible. Staff are nice and try to be helpful but let down by their processes:

To recap:

• Called EE and got through to retentions to explain about the watch being mis-sold. They gave me a different number for cancellations to call and explain to them.
  • Cancellations said they would listen to the call and get back to me in 72 hours
  • A week later I called back cancellations and they said there was a link to a cancellations form I could complete
  • Called a day later and got through to retentions to ask the status e.g. had they listened to the call and this form was the next step or had they just told me to start the process?
  • An agent tool the time to listen to the call with his manager where I was sold the watch (35 min call) 
  • The agent explained that I had been sold a shared data bundle with the watch and that I did not actually agree with the total price and that this combo should not have been sold as that plan
  • He could not cancel from his side so I had to call cancellations and explain to them.
  • I did, got a text to say they would call in 15 mins. They never did call that day
  • Called cancellations yesterday who were not aware of this update, could not authorise and emailed the agent to authorise this who would then call me

So am still waiting and likely have to call EE again and explain everything again while nothing gets done

Time to ask for a deadlock letter I think and consider switching provider when our contracts are due for renewal.

We have city fibre in the area so it's also easy to switch broadband provider as plenty of alternatives.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tammclaughlin 

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you. Could you take a look and get back to me please?

Thanks
Chris

tammclaughlin
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

replied. 

Thanks

tammclaughlin
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This is now in the process of being resolved to my satisfaction.

Thanks to Christopher, I was called by a team leader who listened to the call, agreed that I should not have been sold the package, apologised for the way this was handled and started the process to return the watch with a full refund.