cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from iPhone 14 to iPhone 15 and impact on Apple Watch cellular plan

tednol
Contributor
Contributor

I upgraded from an iPhone 14 Pro to an iPhone 15 Pro and received my new phone on Monday. As part of this I switched from an iPhone Full Works tariff to an All Rounder iPhone tariff. I also have a SIM only Apple Watch service on my account.

Migrating from the iPhone 14 to the iPhone 15 was seamless, and as part of that flow I moved the e-sim from my old device to my new device and moved my Apple Watch to my new device. Cellular connectivity on the iPhone 15 is fine, but now the cellular service on my Apple Watch is now completely borked. I'm getting a "Your EE account is not eligible to enable mobile service on your Apple Watch. Contact EE on 150 for more information" message.

Spoke to 150 last night and after 30 minutes, mainly spent on hold, I was told it's a known issue and to just keep trying. In the nicest possible way, this felt like being fobbed off. Is anyone else having similar difficulties?

37 REPLIES 37
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@tednol  l let you know later day.  I’m just waiting on my new phone to  arrive,  unfortunately I don’t have time to set this up.  Il be back later.  

When you unpaired your watch did you select keep the tariff and are you doing this all on cellular data. 

Customer1985
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

When I unpaired from 14 pro max I was sure to click keep data plan and watch is on the phone fine but yes same problem with it not working on data. it shows its there but not connected. it did at first say it can take up to 4 hours to work. I phoned EE and lady said no error message and seeing what I did means its working and now taking time but gave me email to send if not working in 4 hours time so thats good 🙂 

BradleyW94
Investigator
Investigator

Exactly the same issue. Hadn’t previously setup my Apple watch for cellular, was waiting for my 15 pro max to arrive before I did. Went through exactly the same process, setup the e-sim on my new phone and now the watch app says my plan isn’t eligible. 

Originally when migrating I selected "keep tariff" on the Apple Watch. But as part of attempting to resolve the issue whilst on the phone to 150 yesterday I was asked to remove it from the Mobile Service screen of the Apple Watch app on the iPhone. It wasn't working anyway.

Any joy yourself? And yes have tried resolving all on cellular with no success.

I’ve just setup my new device and when doing this I just transferred everything over from my old device using the iPhone setup process.  It took 15 minutes and I didn’t have to do any unpairing with the Apple Watch it just did everything for me.    The only bit I did with the watch was to confirm the transfer on the watch 

RichTo
Investigator
Investigator

Yes I have the exact same issue. Have reset the watch multiple times as well as spoke to EE and nothing is fixing it

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RichTo,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What did Technical Support advise when you called? Have they raised a support ticket for the issue?

James

They advised they would call me back which has not happened. I’ve reset my watch 3 times and still nothing. It is definitely an issue on EE side not mine

James_B
EE Community Support Team

When did you speak to the team @RichTo?

If they have raised a ticket, they'll only call you back once our support team have let them know the issue is resolved.

James