cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Upgrade

cgee69
Investigator
Investigator

I am attempting to upgrade my Apple Watch I request a pin for verification & I don't get message. I don't really won't to phone them if I can help it. My watch has an indepentent number from my phone & the pin is being sent to that number but isn't coming through

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @cgee69

Thanks for posting 🙂

If the PIN is not being received, you would need to give us a call on 150 and the team will place the order for you. 

Leanne.

Can I go into an EE store and sort this?

Christopher_G

Certainly, @cgee69.

Pop into your nearest store with ID and they'll do their best to help.

Chris

MattP212
Investigator
Investigator

This is so infuriating! I too have tried every time and unable to upgrade to ‘good as new’ models when calling 150 or going in store. #Con

@MattP212      You can purchase good as new via 150 and online.    A store on the other hand as far as I aware don’t offer good as new 

why do you believe there is a con somewhere?         Why not just upgrade online ?   

You haven’t read the original post..  I’ve had 3x Apple Watches over the past 6 years, but each time I’m due an upgrade EE does not allow upgrading online as it does “security checks” and sends an SMS Notification to the sim number of the watch, which isn’t active as Apple Watches link to personal SIM.

Every time I’ve contacted 150, they say they can’t offer ‘good as new’ watches over the phone, instead these are online only. 

Also, it’s a reoccurring issue, reported to EE and this forum and yet, they haven’t made a fit for this. There lies the con. Unfair that already long term customers can’t access  ‘good as new’ or upgrades online like every customer.

Christopher_G

Our Mobile Care team will be able to look into why this is happening for you and hopefully help you put the order through, @MattP212 

Chris

You physically can’t upgrade online if your watch is paired to your phone, it’s ridiculous 

MrsHat
Investigator
Investigator

Yep, I’ve found the same problem. If your watch doesn’t have its own SIM card with separate number you can’t physically upgrade online.

I’d rather not have to ring up and listen to someone try and sell me internet and tv for twenty minutes as happened last time despite saying I wasn’t interested repeatedly