Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty iPhone 13

Rynn1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

Is anyone able to help with regards to my consumers rights/statutory rights against EE?

I purchased a brand new iPhone 13 on a 24 month contract on the 17th March 2022, I began to experience issues with the screen within the first week of owning it. This included a strange white tint to right side of screen particularly visible in the dark along with a blurry home screen and the phone freezing. I took the phone to my local EE store and I was told to "just wait for a software update" and "if it doesn't work go back to Apple as your manufacturer warranty is with them"

I then updated my phone and the problem was not solved - it has worsened along with other issues! After this I went to Apple and reported it on the 14th April (within the 30 days 'faulty' return period). Apple attempted to repair the issue by reseating my screen on the 18th April. The problem persisted and so I re-booked another appointment. The man then told me that I should ask EE for a brand new replacement as I have only had my phone for a number of weeks!! He then wrote a document to take to EE to show them that it was diagnosed with the problem and it is still there and I should attempt for a new phone replacement as it is the retailers responsibility - not Apple, like the EE staff told! 

After taking it to the EE store, the worker said that it was outside of the 30 day window and so it is now Apple's responsibility as they were the manufactures. However, after researching I have found that actually the 30 day return window for faulty goods is to claim a refund and that it is then within my right to ask for a replacement from those 30 days with six months of purchase, and it is up to the retailer to look into this but if a problem is there before six months it is deemed to have been there from the beginning! especially considering my issues started within the first week of ownership and I literally went into an EE store and reported my issue. 

My phone has now got even more issues including the screen going a bight pink colour and freezing and the phone being irresponsive to the point I need to restart my phone. 

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can get a new phone? Because this has been very frustrating and far too much hassle for a phone that is brand new and I am paying full price for! 

Many thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Rynn1 

Why replace the phone if it's just the screen which is an issue? Have Apple replaced the screen as I would ask them to replace it under warranty.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I would like a new phone. There are several issues and the phone is faulty, they have been present since the start and are worsening. The phone is not satisfactory. I'm sure you can appreciate I do not want to be even more inconvenienced by having no phone and not wanting it to be taken apart through no fault of my own?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rynn1,

Our technical support team will be happy to review your replacement and repair options if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

I have already contacted 150 previously. Your colleagues have not helped me at all, whether in store or over the phone. I have tried on multiple occasions - they just keep pointing their finger at Apple the 'manufacturer'. I am really frustrated, as my contract has legally been broken; I will be submitting a claim. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Rynn1,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with the manufacturer warranty process.

You can find out more about how it works in What should I do if I have a problem with my device?

James

@Rynn1 , I had to send my IPhone back to Apple, and they were very quick at getting it sorted without any cost to me, so may be worth contacting them and sending it in, if all else fails. It took no more than a week. Always worth keeping a phone in case the one you are using needs a repair or something, in my opinion.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

it is not the manufacturers responsibility it is yours - the law even say so. i purchased my product from EE - a third party retailer therefore it is your responsibility to put this right. Apple were the only helpful ones in this situation and it isn’t down to them. 

Hi @Schockwave 

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes I do have a warranty with Apple but my issue is that I reported my problem to EE within 30 days and they did nothing about it other than blaming Apple. 

Unfortunately, I don’t have my old phone anymore although it might be a good idea to next time. it’s a joke that we should even have to consider having a ‘spare’ just incase something goes wrong and EE don’t fix it!

@Rynn1  I highly recommend you call customer services again hopefully you’ll get someone who will be more knowledgeable.  It’s down to EE to correct this.