cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working when on mobile network

MartyBC
Contributor
Contributor

I am on an iPhone 12 Pro Max using iOS 15.6.

My email settings have worked fine, allowing me to send and receive email using the Apple Mail app.  A few months ago, things changed.  Email still works fine when I am on WiFi but is significantly delayed, or not working at all, when on the EE mobile network.  This appears to be an issue when on 3G, 4G and 5G.

I have checked my email settings with my provider (Fasthosts) and they are correct.

The iPhone settings are correct (for using mobile data for email etc).

If I refresh the mail app screen to force a download, the 'checking for mail' message shows for some minutes, then it fails to connect with the server.

I also have an Apple iCloud email account.  That works on WifI and the mobile network.  I can also access my  email using webmail.

Any suggestions greatfully received. 

88 REPLIES 88
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @MartyBC.

Welcome to the community.

Does your mobile data work for all other applications?

Its strange that it works on WiFi, but not mobile data.

Jon

MartyBC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon.  Thanks for responding.  All other applications work fine.  My husband has the same issue as me - email is fine with Wifi but not mobile.  Very strange.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Is your husband using the same phone as you, @MartyBC?

Is he also using the same email provider?

Jon

MartyBC
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  Both of us have iPhone 12 Pro Max phones and different email addresses with the same provider.  Both on EE too.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @MartyBC.

I'd recommend trying a reset of the network settings on the phones to see if this helps.

If it doesn't help, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Gurus so they can investigate this issue further.

Jon

Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Could you please try the Outlook app on your phone with the same email provider? I have had no issues with Either Apple Mail or Outlook, but it's just something to try

Thanks.  I’ll try that.

Thanks.  I’ll try Outlook or another email app to see if it’s any different.

I have reset the network settings but I still have the same issue.  Could it be a problem with the carrier settings?

Please let me know how to contact your Tech Gurus.

Thank you.