cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing international calls on VoLTE/Wifi calling

mbrijun
Visitor

Hi,

My Samsung S21+ 5G is unable to place international calls on 1p mobile (EE network) if VoLTE or Wifi calling is enabled. A call just drops without a ringtone and a "Call ended" message is displayed. Calls to UK destinations are not affected at all. The usual "turn it off and on again" does not work. The L1 support say it is a device issue and do not want to hear about it. My wife has the exact same issue on her Samsung S21 with her own SIM.

Would appreciate some constructive ideas before I jump the ship to another network. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @mbrijun 

You really need to talk to 1P Mobile about this, as your account is not with EE. You are with an MVNO and the support that comes along with that.  That probably isn't the constructive idea you wanted I know, but it's not like the staff here can access your account and check.

That said, I assume you both have credit or inclusive calls to these international numbers? Are you dialling with the international code, e.g. +46...  Is international calls enabled in network services in your 1p account?

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@mbrijun wrote:

My Samsung S21+ 5G is unable to place international calls on 1p mobile

I concur with the previous advice to contact 1p-mobile. There are some scenarios where this behaviour could occur, but your service is provided by 1P-mobile, and it is they who you should contact.

EE may be the underlying radio network you're using, but they are not your service provider or customer-service point of contact.

Irrespective of who provides coverage in an MVNO situation, your point of contact should always be the MVNO directly. If a host network issue is suspected, the MVNO have routes into the operator to raise them.