cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch from Apple

Tracey225
Explorer

Hi All

I have a pay monthly £10 sim only EE 12 month contract which I use with my IPhone XS and it only started in May. I want to buy a cellular Apple watch from Apple direct as they don’t have the style I want with EE. Can I then pair it to my phone with my same phone number and if so what Sim do I need? Thanks in advance 😊

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tracey225   Yes you can get the watch from Apple.  When you set this up on your iPhone your given the option to take out a 30 day rolling contract for the watch this is £7 per month and you get 10Gb of data just for the watch.  This will be linked at account level so when your phone rings your watch will ring ( the watch has its own number for billing purposes and data usage) even if your phone isn’t with you.  

the watch once activated and you’ve setup a tariff for it will activate the eSim in the watch (electronic Sim) 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tracey225   Yes you can get the watch from Apple.  When you set this up on your iPhone your given the option to take out a 30 day rolling contract for the watch this is £7 per month and you get 10Gb of data just for the watch.  This will be linked at account level so when your phone rings your watch will ring ( the watch has its own number for billing purposes and data usage) even if your phone isn’t with you.  

the watch once activated and you’ve setup a tariff for it will activate the eSim in the watch (electronic Sim) 

Thank you very much 😊

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Glad you got the help you needed from the community @Tracey225

If you need anything further, please let us know 🙂

Leanne.

10GB sounds very little if one were to stream music and other social media. Are the charges high if exceed 10GB on the watch? 😞

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Peahead8.

It's unlikely that you would, but if you were to run out of data you would buy a data bundle and control how much you spend. There would not be any unexpected charges.

Jon

Thank you, Jon! :)--
Patricia

Can I get the same data service for my Apple Watch Cellular when roaming in EU, Ireland ? Please

@Kraken1  At present you can not use the watch on cellular when roaming.  It’s for UK usage only.    There are plans to induce this though, no dates announced yet and you’ll not get a when it will happen date it’ll just be announced when it’s possible. 

Kraken1
Explorer

Would you believe that there are no carrier in the Republic of Ireland that supports cellular Apple Watch !!!
Just have wait and see.
Thanks !