cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All incoming calls are diverting to voicemail

Jai163
Investigator
Investigator

Has anyone else experienced this recently? all my incoming calls have been diverting to voicemail. on the call list it says 'call answered on another device. I turned everything like focus and voicemail off. Turned off all my other devices like my Apple Watch and Mac. completely restarted my phones from scratch to see if it helps. Also switched to a physical sim and put the sim into a different phone and yet it's the same thing. All incoming calls are diverting to voicemail. EE Customer Services have been about as much help as I can expect. they've refreshed the line etc and gone through trouble shooting.  Someone yesterday at EE said they actually knew of this issue and it's an ongoing problem and it'll take a few weeks to fix. I called up today to find out how I'll be notified if and when it'll be fixed and the person I spoke to today had no idea what I was talking about. just went through the same trouble shooting as so many others have. add to the face you have to wait 20/30 minutes just to talk to someone its getting ridiculous now.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey! Sorry I forgot I asked a question on here. I managed to get this fixed and I know what’s happening. Firstly don’t bother asking anyone on here. It’s absolutely next to useless. It’s either a bunch of know it alls who don’t actually know anything or it’s banal questions like the last person who replied to your list asking you if you turned it on and off again. 

Here’s what worked for me. Call technical help on 150. Tell them that you need to speak to the 2nd team because your Apple Watch number and your phone number have crossed wires. Someone on the 2nd team will know exactly the problem because it’s happened before. For whatever reason regular tech support haven’t been updated with this issue. Just make sure to tell them exactly that. Calls answered on another device. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Jai163 wrote:

all my incoming calls have been diverting to voicemail. on the call list it says 'call answered on another device.

This alone, suggests that an Apple/iOS feature is responsible, rather than this being an EE-network issue as such.

A couple of the other forum regulars use iOS and can hopefully advise further,

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jai163,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you go to Settings > [Your Apple ID], are you signed in on any other devices that could be receiving your calls?

James

I would have thought the same were it not for the fact that I did say I took the sim and tried it in another phone and the same thing happened suggesting it’s nothing to do with the phone but the network. 

Again if you’d read my post I do say that I tried the sim in another phone and it still diverts all my calls. The settings on my phone or where I’m signed into might have been a factor but would it be a factor if the same thing happens when the sim is in someone else’s phone? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jai163,

The 'call answered on another device' message you're seeing indicates your calls are being routed to another Apple device.

If you temporarily sign out of all other devices that are using your Apple ID, do you still see the problem?

James

Bethany32
Investigator
Investigator

I’ve been having this issue also just randomly for the past two days… no new device have been added to my account and I’ve even signed out of everything and still doesn’t seem to be working. 

if I turn my phone off and on it seems to work for a couple hours then it decided to randomly stop working. It’s so annoying when it’s every phone call too!! 
Have you managed to get sorted with yours? 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Bethany32.

Do you have any other Apple Devices?

Jon

I do yes, but my IPAD has been untouched for over a month and this only randomly started the other day. I’ve also disconnected my iCloud from the IPAD last night and it’s still not working today? I’ve literally turned everything off and it still doesn’t work expect from when I turn my phone on and off and that only seems to work for a couple hours at the most. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Bethany32.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Care team so they can investigate this further.

They'll be able to run through troubleshooting steps with you.

Jon