cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the end of 3G affect WiFi calling?

str8chat
Contributor
Contributor

Texting 'Handset' to 150 advises that my Samsung phone is 4G compatible, but is not compatible with WiFi calling. However, it works with WiFi calling now both for voice and text and I use it when there is no cellular network available.

Will the closure of 3G really affect WiFi Calling, or is this an error reported in the response to texting Handset to 150? I called 150, and an advisor told me that Samsung says WiFi Calling is not supported and suggested I talk to Samsung. Samsung say its a network feature and talk to EE.

Does anyone no the correct answer? Will my 4G phone still support WiFi Calling when 3G is turned off?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @str8chat

Welcome to the community. 

The turn off of 3G will not affect WiFi Calling or 4G. 

Katie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Katie_B

Hello @str8chat

Welcome to the community. 

The turn off of 3G will not affect WiFi Calling or 4G. 

Katie

Thank you, @Katie_B ,

That is the conclusion I had come to after browsing many sites. During Covid lock down my phone developed a fault and had to have a new motherboard. I hadn't attempted to switch on this service before the phone failed. I suspect that, as part of the repair, the new board came with different firmware. When I got the phone back I noticed a few minor changes, which I assumed were settings that had been changed, so I suspect that standard model may not have this calling feature, but it was added during the repair.

I'll wait and see what happens when 3G ends.

Thank you for your response to my question.

Richard.

James_B

No problem @str8chat 🙂

James