cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone else is answering my friends phone

Gloomytoad
Explorer

My friend asked me to call her phone as she had misplaced it and when I rang her number a man answered. I put the phone down to double check I had the right number and the number she gave me was the right number. I rang it again and this time it rang out to voicemail. I tried again a few mins later and the same man answered. He gave me his name and said he has had this number for a few years and that over the years he has received messages from strange numbers as if they were messaging someone else. How can two people have the same number? When my friend found her phone she had said she had got one missed call from me (at the time I rang and it went to voicemail) she has also had this phone number for 7 years plus! Very concerning as a safeguarding issue when some places ask for text verification. 

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gloomytoad  In that case your friend should contact her network provider for this to be looked in to.    You can only have a number on one SIM card at any one time. 

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Gloomytoad 

Are any of the devices iphones. 

@Chris_B could somone receive calls on a device still connected to the iPhone account.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

My friends isn’t an iPhone. Not sure on the other persons. My friend has to go to store as they are apparently going to block that number all together. 

@Northerner  No that’s not possible.  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

This could also happen if your friend has a divert set for incoming calls.