cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s22 over heating

Lauraamy1994
Investigator
Investigator

hiya, I have a Samsung galaxy s22 and it's boiling hot to touch can anyone tell me what to do? I can't touch it it's that hot.

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lauraamy1994 

Welcome to the community.

I would definitely recommend speaking with our Technical Support team, preferrably from a different phone. They'll be able to run through a diagnostic session with you.

Chris

@Lauraamy1994  Sounds like you need a new battery ASAP.   The battery is getting hot because it’s being drained of power fast.  The more the drain the hotter it’ll get.   Don’t use the device until a new battery is fitted this is very dangerous if it’s getting to the point that you can not touch the device.     The battery could even explode.     

I'm guessing it needs to go back to the shop then as I have only just had
this phone as it was an upgrade in January. It has cooled a bit but the
battery does drain fast. Xx

How much would that cost? 🤔 xx

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There are further details on https://ee.co.uk/local-repairs 

Manufacturing faults should be covered by the warranty

Kusinski1
Visitor

Had mine a week and exactly the same. Did you swop for the same one or different.

@Kusinski1  If you’ve got an issue with your device that needs to be looked at, depending on the issue it’ll be fixed or swapped for a like for like device.   if this was a store sale you need to go back to that store as you get 12 days to go back and report a fault for a replacement device.  If it was a online or phone sale you need to call customer services about this