cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A14 Bluetooth issue

Smilnx
Investigator
Investigator

I have paired my phone with my car Bluetooth.  I can make calls from the car and can hear the person answer the call but they cannot hear me. I have un-paired and re-paired a couple of times but the problem persists. Any ideas as to why the voice is not being transmitted?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smilnx
Investigator
Investigator

OK, I'm  officially an idiot but I'm updating this with my solution to help any other idiots out there! I solved the problem by opening the cover that I've got on my phone!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Smilnx  can you try pairing a different phone to your car because you don’t know if it’s the phone or the microphone that’s in your car that’s causing the issue.   If it doesn’t work with a different phone you’ll need to get the car checked.  

Thanks I will try pairing my husband's phone.
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Smilnx 

Have you checked the media software is up-to-date on your car media system. What car and year do you have. 

You also need to ensure that when paired it allows access to your phone (there will be a pop-up on your phone) 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Chris_B

I  paired my husband's phone to my car and it worked perfectly so the car isn't the problem. Great idea though, thank you.

Hi @Northerner 

My car is late 2011 Mercedes Benz A class. I think the fact that the phone paired  OK and connects from the car means the media software in the car is up-to-date. I'm kind of at a loss now, especially since I've established the my husband's phone will work OK from the car.

Thank you.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Dial your voicemail with your phone connected to your carkit - use menu option 3 to send a voicemail direct to your own number.

Speak as normal, and before sending the voicemail, see if it plays back silence or your speech.

@bristolian 

Thank you, I will try that. I'll let you know what happens - in a couple of days, I'm not using the car until Tuesday.

Smilnx

Hi @Smilnx 

Your car wasn't designed for that device and Bluetooth standards change hence why manufacturers issue media updates to support new standards. Most luxury vehicle manufacturers only support Apple by default unfortunately. 

Let us know if you fix the issue. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Smilnx
Investigator
Investigator

OK, I'm  officially an idiot but I'm updating this with my solution to help any other idiots out there! I solved the problem by opening the cover that I've got on my phone!