cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock an old phone

ayacha
Explorer

Hiya,

I've had my samsung flip phone, SGH-A300 for a while now, however it is locked to the Orange network which no longer exists so I can't use it with my BT sim. It is an old phone from 2001 but I still really enjoy it's practicality. I contacted EE but they told me "It is an invalid IMEI" even though it is not. Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @ayacha 

EE will not be able to unlock that device because of its age and the software it uses. I suggest searching the internet for the tools to unlock it yourself or an online unlock site. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
ayacha
Explorer

Hiya, I have a Samsung SGH-A300 which is locked to the old orange network and no longer exists. I used the form to contact EE and see if they can unlock my phone but they contacted the manufacture and then said the "manufacture" said it was an invalid IMEI which cannot be unlocked. Does anyone know how I can unlock this phone for free? @Chris_B 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ayacha 

I am sorry if we have contacted the manufacturer and they are unable to provide the unlocking code, the device can not be unlocked from EE. 

Leanne.