cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem unlocking an old EE phone

Hermes131
Investigator
Investigator

I just posted a long reply which completely disappeared before I finished and took me to feedback! I have been having exactly the same problems. Groundhog day. I must have tried 500 times to unlock following their online advice. I have written (royal mail) every day this week to head office. I have spoken to the EE technician who said their unlocking team is aware?? I can't see that's right. A phone company is about communication but no one is saying anything

I changed from a contract to a sim card like you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hermes131 

Sorry, this would not need to be entered on a laptop, only the mobile you have the unlocking code for. 

This would be entered when you have another network SIM card in the phone and try to access any menu on the phone not the EE website. 

If this is not working please call us on 0800 956 6000 and the team can help you with the unlocking code. 

Leanne. 

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
Hermes131
Investigator
Investigator

I cant ring 150 as EE has locked my phone! And I can't unlock it. (See above)

James_B

Hi @Hermes131,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What type of phone is it and when did you purchase it?

What happens when you try to unlock it at Device unlock (ee.co.uk)?

James

Hermes131
Investigator
Investigator

I have been having exactly the same problem I did speak to technical, (no idea how much that cost as once your phone is locked you can't use 150).I also have a Samsung phone. It takes you halfway through the process and then gives you an unlocking number  it says press link for next stage and it takes you back to the beginning. Asks for your IMEI number etc. I tried this about 500 times over the last 3 days. I have written  3 letters by post to their head office. 

Nothing has changed. Noone has contacted me. No explanation has been given.

I'm glad I'm not alone though. 

I was paying £50 a month for my contract and this is the service you are given.

It's a Samsung S10.It never gets to the point of allowing you to put in the unlocking code. Keeps sending you back to the first steps instead. Sent from my Galaxy
James_B

Hi @Hermes131,

What happens after you enter your IMEI code? Is it recognised?

James

It is recognised and then gives me an unlocking code. It says "press the link to finish and put the unlocking code. I press the link. It takes you right back to the beginning. No box to put the unlocking code ever appears. My IMEI code is correct otherwise it wouldn't give me the unlocking code

But the 'next stages " never appear

James_B

Hi @Hermes131,

You need to enter the unlocking code from the EE website into your phone after inserting a SIM from another network.

You should be prompted to enter the code as soon as the new SIM is detected.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

Very grateful for your help but it was putting a new sim card and changing the network which automatically locked the phone. I was changing from contract to sim as I have long since paid for the phone. Being recently made redundant I had to make some savings and my contract was costing  ,£50 a month, and sim only (with,02) is only £10 a, month. I tried EE but they couldn't match.But now I have had no phone for a week and no idea if it will ever get fixed. I have written 3 letters to head office but noone replies.I wish EE managers read these community boards.I appreciate your kind help.Sent from my Galaxy
Christopher_G

Hi @Hermes131 

So do you have another network's SIM card in your phone at the moment? That's what you need for the box to pop up asking for the unlock code.

Chris