cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem unlocking an old EE phone

Hermes131
Investigator
Investigator

I just posted a long reply which completely disappeared before I finished and took me to feedback! I have been having exactly the same problems. Groundhog day. I must have tried 500 times to unlock following their online advice. I have written (royal mail) every day this week to head office. I have spoken to the EE technician who said their unlocking team is aware?? I can't see that's right. A phone company is about communication but no one is saying anything

I changed from a contract to a sim card like you.

34 REPLIES 34

I am having the same problem and so are many others as expressed on here. I think there is an ERROR on EEs side. However there are no messages on the website saying that they are addressing it. I've resorted to sending a postal letter every day to the head office. (Address is on the back of my bill). Noone has contacted me or replied though.  I wish the EE managers also looked at the community boards.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hermes131,

Please see our reply to your other community thread.

Thanks

James

I read the long reply, but the problem is I think that EE website is at fault. I have my IMEI code and my unlocking code - but the process never takes you to the point that where there is a box to put the unlocking code in, it just takes you back to the beginning, over and over again!
Thankyou very much for trying to help. I have no idea if EE web people are addressing this, I wish I knew.
Christopher_G

When you put the other network's SIM card in the device and turn it on, it should pop up on the screen asking you for the unlock code, @Hermes131. Sorry if I'm not understanding fully.

Let me know if that helps.
Chris

Hermes131
Investigator
Investigator

Hermes131
Investigator
Investigator

I have been trying to unlock my phone for a week now. I get an IMEI code and an Unlocking code but at that point the online system takes me back to the beginning. Other people have reported the same problem on these boards. I did ring Technical support but they tried and experienced the same problem.They said "the unlocking team are aware' but are they?  I've written 5 letters to head office  by 1st class post as I can't ring 150 or email as the phone is locked.  I explain the problem. I Give all my details and email address.  But noone contacts me. No message on the Web either.  For a business whose fundamental core purpose is Communication I just can't understand what's happening. Its good to have community support though. Thanks

Leanne_T

Hi @Hermes131 

If you have the unlocking code you would need to enter this into the phone not the EE website,  when you have another network SIM card installed. What happens when you try this? 

Leanne.

Theres nowhere to put the unlocking code either on the phone or laptop. It gives you the unlocking code  then it says "you are nearly there' just press this next steps link  which I do  and then it takes you right back to the beginning.  I think it should take you forward to somewhere to put the unlocking code in but there's a technical fault which doesn't seem to being fixed? My 5th letter should have arrived at head office today. Maybe someone will read it and take action?Still hopeful. Sent from my Galaxy
Leanne_T

Hi @Hermes131 

Sorry, this would not need to be entered on a laptop, only the mobile you have the unlocking code for. 

This would be entered when you have another network SIM card in the phone and try to access any menu on the phone not the EE website. 

If this is not working please call us on 0800 956 6000 and the team can help you with the unlocking code. 

Leanne. 

I looked on my phone under settings but couldn't find anywhere to put the unlocking code. Am i looking in the wrong place? I rang technical on tuesday who tried to do it for me and got exactly the same problem. They spoke to the ,'unlocking team' who said there was something wrong their end. But nothing has happened since. I just want to know if they are aware it hasn't been fixed and if they are working on fixing it? I don't think this is unreasonable to want to know. Every day I write to head office but noone replies.Sent from my Galaxy