cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NMobile data isn't working

Hasnatzahid
Investigator
Investigator

Phone: Vivo Y30 (1940) (not blocked on any network).

Recently moved in the UK. I got myself a pay-as-you-go SIM from Lycamobile provider for the 1st month, but later I switched to EE for a monthly plan SIM card.

Ever since I received the SIM card, I have noticed that the mobile data was not working.

Contacted the support from Chat box and I also had a call with a 2nd Line support:

1. Settings -> General Settings -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings

Did not work!

2. Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks -> Network Operators -> Turn Off Automatic -> Select different network and then connect back to EE

Did not work!

3. Network settings updated through a message sent by EE support

Did not work!

4. Technical Support told me he has sent APN settings through a message. I entered on my APN settings and it's not there.

It's my 5th day without data and I'm already annoyed by this issue. All the other SIMs work for me. It's just this EE that is not working and I simply don't get it.

9 REPLIES 9
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Hasnatzahid,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What do you mean when you say the APN settings aren't there? Do they not save after entering them?

James

No Apn settings are saved there and they are exact as mentioned. But when I try to save browser settings, It is shown browser unsupported or browser failed.

James_B

Hi @Hasnatzahid,

Are you able to enter the APN settings manually as listed in EE APN Settings: Where to find them?

James

Yes, I am able to enter manually, and tried before as listed in EE apn settings, but it didn't work for me.

James_B

Hi @Hasnatzahid,

If it still isn't working after entering the correct APN settings manually, I'd recommend contacting the phone manufacturer for support.

Thanks

James

But other uk sims are working in this phone and I'm still using LycaMobile to do this conversation.

What's the issue if other sims are working and just ee isn't working?

James_B

Hi @Hasnatzahid,

I'm not sure what is causing the issue.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the phone you are using as it isn't stocked by EE. The manufacturer may be able to provide further information on any compatibility issues.

James 

Hi @James_B 

I have contacted manufacturer and they replied me with this

[Dear valued customer, we are sorry to know that you are facing this. Actually the network depends on the network frequncies. You can ask EE sim support if they support these frequencies of different network generations. If they do support any of them then you will be able to use that network generation there in UK. These are the frequencies this device which was launched in Pakistan do support.

4G Frequency: FDD-LTE: B1/3/5/8

TDD-LTE: B40

3G Frequency: WCDMA: B1/5/8

2G Frequency: GSM: B3/5/8]

Please take a look what I can do to make it work.

Regards

Christopher_G

Hi @Hasnatzahid 

Here are our frequencies and bands:

2G -1800MHz (Band 3), 
3G - 2100MHz (Band 1), 
4G - 800MHz (Band 20), 1800MHz (Band 3), 2100MHz (Band 1), 2600MHz (Band 7)

Hope this helps.

Chris