cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones with WIFI Calling ?

mistapike
Visitor

Hi - two questions on same topic, having moved to a house with poor mobile signal

1) (The easy one) I want to shift my wife to a new phone with wi-fi calling capability as a must. Thinking of the Oppo A54 5G. Can someone from EE confirm 100% that this phone has wifi calling capability please ?

2) A few weeks back I upgraded to a TLC 20R 5G, with the same need. Lo and behold it does NOT have wifi capability (have rung EE helpdesk and scoured endlessly and the option does not appear) . This was misrepresented on the EE website, and even now is showing as having this feature, see attached pic. Feel I have been basically mis-sold this new phone. What are my options please EE? 

TCL Not True GIF.GIF

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mistapike  The answer to both your questions are yes both these devices to support Wi-Fi calling.  

And to enable Wi-Fi calling on a TLC device 

1. Phone icon. > Menu icon. > Settings. .
  2. Tap. Calls. then tap. Wi-Fi Calling. .
  3. Tap the. Wi-Fi Calling switch. to turn on or off . If turning off, tap. TURN OFF WI-FI CALLING. when prompted. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mistapike  The answer to both your questions are yes both these devices to support Wi-Fi calling.  

And to enable Wi-Fi calling on a TLC device 

1. Phone icon. > Menu icon. > Settings. .
  2. Tap. Calls. then tap. Wi-Fi Calling. .
  3. Tap the. Wi-Fi Calling switch. to turn on or off . If turning off, tap. TURN OFF WI-FI CALLING. when prompted.