Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone suddenly losing signal - Huawei P30

LDAVIE8
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning,

I'm not sure whether this is a phone or network issue, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

Over the past few days my phone has been intermittenly and suddenly losing signal. The signal drops to Emergency calls only. When I restart the phone the signal comes back for anything between a few minutes and a few hours.

I've tried taking out the sim card and it doesn't look damaged, but i've ordered a replacement just in case.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this issue?

Many thanks

Lee

13 REPLIES 13
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @LDAVIE8 

Have you tried checking our Network Status Checker to see if there are any ongoing problems in your area?

Jon

LDAVIE8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon,

This issue is happening regardless of my location, but I have checked and there are no issues.

Thanks

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @LDAVIE8 

This would tend to suggest that it's not a network issue if it's happening everywhere.

Are you able to try your SIM in another phone to see if this still happens?

Jon

I've just tried this in my wife's phone but the sim didn't work.

Hers is an iPhone, does this make any difference? 

I've also noticed since I've put the new sim in I haven't got any network signal at all, rather than the intermittent issue I had previously. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LDAVIE8,

Have you activated your new SIM myaccount.ee.co.uk/activate-sim?

James

Hi James, 

I've contacted support and the sim worked for a little while but switched to emergency calls only again around 30 minutes to an hour later and has stayed that way since. But the sim is definitely activated.

Many thanks 

Lee

Christopher_G

Could you try restarting the phone please, @LDAVIE8?

Hopefully that will help you connect back to the network.

Chris

Hi Christopher. 

The sim works for a short time after it's restarted, but after a little while reverts back to emergency calls only.

Many thanks 

Lee

Leanne_T

Hi @LDAVIE8 

Thanks for confirming. 

Could you try your wife's SIM card in the phone, does the same happen? 

Leanne.