Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YT Thumbnail Loading very vslow on Smart TV+some Apps NOT Loading. New EE User

Waughtimmer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have recently switched to EE from Three. Reason for this is I have bought a new Philips 936 TV and Three whilst simcard worked for everything else and when it came to downloading it seemed to drop to around 8mbps if i was lucky, often 1.2mbs and below, this 1st bit i have put up with for several years(spurious random speedtests when it didnt matter got me as high as just over 50mbps) a sports stream recently on my also new  Android Box gave a weird, not encountered before buffering, you literally could have replaced the spinning circle with a pause symbol controlled from afar(instead of what I am used to which is skip buffering), it pausing and in hold with the spinning circle greater periods than it was playing without. Everything else worked fine with Three and the box, I almost feel set up because of the timing of the sports event as I didnt know about it until a few weeks into owning the items so the timing was awful/unfortunate.

Anyway for the most, 90% part with Three my new  device items worked fine(apart from that sports tourney weird buffering for ALL the matches). However, and please let's concentrate on in relation to my Philips 936 TV because I think if I can get solved the problem with that the problem with my android box will likely free up too, my Philips TV app functionality have started playing up or not loading. The Youtube App same as on my Android Box on the TV, takes a very very long time to load thumbnails whereas before with Three, the load was instantaneous to picture thumbnails. With my new EE (Sim Only Data Unlimited Max), the Youtube App starts with the Youtube words covering the screen in big letters, and a spinning circle, it then takes a very long time, this afternoon it was 40 full seconds, to go to the youtube thumbnails, beside and below each other on screen, but the thumbnails, well this afternoon they were literally all light grey coloured but before they've all been black coloured, and they come up instantaneously together as that either grey or black colour. They then after another reasonably long wait start populating one at a time into picture or snapshot of video thumbnails with a long period again betwen each populating with the snapshot. With Three, the yt app loaded straight into populated with snapshots thumbnails across the board straight away. Note too please, running a speedtest with this and the other problems I am about to describe, the Huawei B818-263 router gives a 4G (4G+) download speed of anywhere over 80mbps and upload of approx 10mbps. Note too please, a good signal shows too. The simcard is a 4G/5G simcard and I did check that i could use both before switching to EE as my phone(s) is a 5G bought alone(unlocked) phone and I was told yes. The excrutiatingly slow youtube thumbnails are not the only fault. i must add to clear this yt thumbnail error description and move to next error, that once a yt video plays in app it plays fine except for when you advance, rewind, certainly with the grey boxes first, the preview box remains in a black state as you advance and rewind, and please note with the fully black thumbnails situation, sometimes the fastforward and rewind when playing the yt vids showed the snapshot(pic) position in mini box when advancing/rewinding, sometimes it doesnt and remains a black preview/minibox throughout. Note too browser loads and runs fine on TV (aswell as a different one on Android Box) and loading youtube in the browser(s), the thumbnail pics load straightaway with EE, they however dont with the App. 

Elsewhere a great random music play, several categories on screen at time music app called Zaycev-fm has stopped showing the music track titles. You used (with company Three used to be able to look at the different categories displayed by a large icon, name and coloured box for you to click on for each category, boxes on screen at same time and as each shown in each box track changed you saw what it had changed to (the track) so you could decide if you wanted to switch to listen to that; on switching and going with EE, the track titles no longer show, and if you reckon out 3 minutes an average track length, a good few coloured category boxes all shown on screen at once, tracks starting and stopping at different times, its a total nightmare, its repetitive click city, if perhaps i hadn't known it could do track names (so i could select tracks i  knew liked or sounded interesting by name) perhaps it wouldn't be so bad but as it is, i just end up listening on the one category, the app has gone from one of the best on my tv because of the sound produced to one of the worst.

Since switching ISP to EE, other tv apps such as ITV Hub will sometimes refuse to load whereas before with company Three there were no problems and it loaded ALL the time. Ive clicked on other apps and had the same Loading Error. Please note i took some photos and the error shows as Playback Error in my phone gallery, I could have sworn it described the error as Loading Error previously but it describes it as Playback Error and please note that is from outside the ITV Hub App trying to click to load the App. 

I dont use my ipad pro at all nowadays, or seldom too, I occassionally listen to it for music and its still going strong but havent much recently. Well its remained logged on so didnt need the pw for it but the Philips TV has an Apple TV App. I know for a fact when with Three, I could get to the enter username/email and password screen for that but didnt get beyond that because didnt have details at hand , so ended up sending in a request to Apple because my ipad pro doesnt apparently receive messages thus cant receive codes and the supposed offline in ipad pro menu code facility seemed to serve no purpose, no menu came up actually utilising it for pw recovery so I had to contact Apple. Well long story short I have set an Apple PW. Have question and formatted in my pword book it so read what ive put regarding apple password you still shouldnt know the actual pw, but anyway now having a username and pw, on my tv after going with EE, the login screen for Apple TV app  now doesnt come up (i once used to buy from Apple but since i would say 2013/14 when they appeared to be pestering me on icloud subscribing and nuisancing on where i wanted my photos, and other things with them, and after 2017 i stopped spending, buying and using regularly my device but what ive bought, ive bought is how i look at it, and where i had my  bought music freely available, my tv and films appeared to be buried or hidden from me recently previously so i thought id see if on my new Philips tv  and the apple app, my content showed. INSTEAD I get "Network Unavailable: There were errors with this connection. Wait a moment then try again." Well i did and tried several times, no difference I cant get the login screen to come up that did on the TV when i was with Three. 

Please note there is a minor not sure if i should bother saying this additional . I earlier today tried selecting in the TV's various apps provision Horror Bites Channel "Hawk the Slayer" Movie to start playing and got an  "Playback Error. There was a problem with this stream. Please try again later. AMC101." Well i didnt click the APP to get that it was one of the TVs provided front of house SHORTS, a large suggested viewing, the tv menu itself offers up. I, with Three, tried running the Horror Bites Channel in passing, when i was loading up and registering the terrestrial British-to-internet apps I have used in past and didnt do that as it required a login and on switching to EE still hadnt so there could be an explanation for that error.

PLEASE can anyone assist as to what the problem is. I have tried speaking to EE Live Chat about it. They told me on 2 consecutive days that they had just removed the Content Lock, and at hearing for a second time that i decided it would be wise to speak to a supervisor at that time (a Mr Karan)  to bring it to their attention, which I did so the content Lock should definitely be off or something very, very evil is happening. As I have said I also have problems with my Android Box since switching to EE, AND its not just the youtube. At this point as I write this, None of the streams will play whereas with company Three they did, and i mean literally none will now play. I get a "reconnecting in 4 seconds" error which it does 5 times then kicks up a will not load error. Youtube has a video for that exact error and also a fix for when all your streams wont load but unfortunately its a different box and the box its for says you refresh dns with the refresh dns software button that that android box has where you select the add user button top right of profile screen, then in that 2nd screen instead of add user you select refresh dns over on the left hand side but my android box has no software buttons like that.Ive mentioned that to ALL parties, Android Box(which is now on hold until i get TV sorted first), Philips, Huawei (Huawei AFTER telling me just reset the router being an unhelpful *****, preferring to tell me to go to Optus as the B818-263 menu software is made by Optus who if you check their website, dont have an easy to establish email address, I went back AGAIN to Huawei to specifically just get that in a notHAPPY state), EE what ive read, asked for solutions and im in a kind of limbo here, theyve all just said reset Router which ive done, over 3 times what with being told content filter is off twice, that after id allready taken parental filter off. NO DIFFERENCE STILL THIS PROBLEM. Note ive seen a thread reference the B818-263 router on this forum and ive left a post on that, that post refers to IPv4 and A(and 2 other letters) and ive asked that guy if he got that issue sorted, its been about a year for him(that thread) as it may be relevant for me what with some apps on tv such as Rakuten working but others appearing hampered or wont load at all, an IPv4 compatability, IPv6 thing may be relevant but he doesnt go into enough detail for me to even get a clue as to what to say or do or what to look at may need altering(which device). Can anyone assist please? Does anyone have experience here or knowledge? 

(TO ME IT APPEARS PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET ME TO SPEND MORE MONEY. I DONT MIND SPENDING MONEY WHEN I DECIDE TO BUT OTHERS PUSHING ME IN THAT DIRECTION I AM NOT THAT HAPPY WITH)

20220915_035432.jpg20220915_163117.jpg20220915_035353.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Waughtimmer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

UPDATE: Its sorted. I just needed to create a new custom name APN in router settings, copy the EE one(the settings) across to it, change it from "IPv4&IPv6" to just "IPv4", save it and it ALL WORKS a treat. Thanks very much Pauleng for the advice, it worked.

From that:

20220906_125000.jpg

 back to THAT 

20220916_090742.jpg

 Yeay!! Rest works again too

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Waughtimmer
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

UPDATE: Its sorted. I just needed to create a new custom name APN in router settings, copy the EE one(the settings) across to it, change it from "IPv4&IPv6" to just "IPv4", save it and it ALL WORKS a treat. Thanks very much Pauleng for the advice, it worked.

From that:

20220906_125000.jpg

 back to THAT 

20220916_090742.jpg

 Yeay!! Rest works again too

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for sharing your solution @Waughtimmer

James