cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Registered On Network

bobbyowens
Investigator
Investigator

I've been on ee with the same sim for years. This morning it was working fine but suddenly I lost signal.

If I try calling it say "Not Registered On Network". Any data requests say I am offline.  This is happening in more than one location and I have several bars of signal showing. I've rebooted the phone several times and also removed the SIM and put it back in.

Anyone know what could be cause this? Also, is there any online chat I can have with ee as I don't have a landline and so am unable to phone.

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I'm on contract.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Do other EE users in these same locations have any issues?

That will help identify if this is a network issue, or something account-specific.

You can use live-chat to an EE C/S agent when logged into your myEE online account.

A friend of mine is on the ee network and her phone was fine. She tried calling me but it said I was not available. Checking network status in my area is showing fine. I have travelled around 30 miles today and it hasn't been working anywhere since around 10:30 this morning.

It's as if my SIM has been booted off. 😞

bristolian
Legend
Legend

I would recommend restarting your phone as a precaution.

If that still fails to resolve, then you should contact EE C/S to have your specific account checked.

I have already rebooted the phone several times and also removed the SIM and put it back in.

Is there a way I can contact ee c/s without my mobile as I am unable to make phone calls, live alone and don't have a land line. I was hoping for an online chat service but I couldn't find one.

Just click "Contact EE" at the top of any Community page and follow through for what you want until you see "Start conversation" to Live Chat during UK business hours.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thx for that.  I've just spent 2 hours on a chat with 3 different departments (they're open 08:00-22:30). Finally got it sorted. My phone (well, IMEI) was reported stolen yesterday and black listed. It definitely wasn't stolen. My phone is dual SIM and I tried the other slot and it worked fine.

They've now unblocked it and all is good. Hopefully this info my help someone else who gets the same issue.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.