cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this how I use Bt wifi via EE on android?

james_uk
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have a Samsung S23 Ultra with EE. I have been an EE customer for a long time but never though to use the Bt wifi. I think my contact does have that anyway, for if there's not a good signal etc.

I found this link that shows how to set it up:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/network-and-coverage/coverage-and-speed/how-do-i-access-wifi-coverage...

Can anyone confirm if that is correct?

And what happens. Is it only if my phone thinks the BT wifi connection is stronger than my phones mobile signal, it will then automatically connect to it? Or do you have to connect to it manually?

I assume I don't have to go to a sign in page either and if just connects and works?

Regards

James

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @james_uk 

Yes that is correct, however it is very unreliable and I would not rely on it. 

Secondly there are many spoofing WiFi sites and again I would be very wary and use a VPN. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @james_uk 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

If you follow the set up guide on the Help page for Android users, your phone will detect the hotspots as they come into range, and seamlessly connect. You won't need to search for these.

Leanne.