cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance claim

Pithie
Investigator
Investigator

I would like to know why I'm being told why I can't claim through insurance on my Samsung smartwatch for a breakdown when my insurance covers breakdowns?

14 REPLIES 14
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Pithie 

You'll need to speak to your insurance company. They should have explained why. What does your T&C say?

There is no customer account access on these forums.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

My insurance was taken out with the smartwatch through EE. They've told me that my insurance doesn't cover breakdown even though the insurance policy I have with EE covers breakdown as I have full cover

Hi @Pithie 

Your policy will have a complaints process. I suggest you follow that process if you're unhappy with the claims decision.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I've raised the complaint and I've raised a complaint with EE, I've posted on here to get more attention to the matter, I've also posted it on EE social media pages because the handling of this has been so poor, I've been dealing with this since Tuesday and I'm still no further forward with no idea what's actually going on

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pithie

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Has the watch been damaged or has this become faulty? 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

It's faulty, as i said it's a breakdown, breakdown would indicate faulty

Leanne_T

Thanks for confirming @Pithie

How long have you had the watch? 

Leanne.

Since February and yes I've done all the diagnostic stuff now 3 times over the phone, while being passed between tech and insurance because they just appear to like passing People on. But it still doesn't change the fact my insurance covers breakdowns and they're refusing to accept it due to being a breakdown even though its covered in the insurance. I'm beyond sick of this now and the fact it's been ongoing for nearly a week without anything being done shows just how poor this is being handled by EE, the stress and everything else EE has caused me this week has been crazy all because nobody that I've spoken to has a clue what they're doing

Leanne_T

Hi @Pithie

I have sent you a private message on here for some extra details.

Leanne.