cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 7 Pro Battery recent rapid deterioration and charging issues

Faye210
Explorer

Hi, 

I purchased the Google Pixel 7 Pro in February and was really happy with its long battery life. It was lasting me 2 days before needing charged. 

In the last month there has been a rapid deterioration in my battery life, needing charged after 12ish hours. My daily phone usage would be around 3-4 hours Max daily. I have tried all the battery life/consumption settings to optimise the battery and no luck.

In the last month it is also not charging at times when plugged in and not connecting my cars android play system (which is through a usb c cable). I have tried 3 different cables in the last 2 weeks to if it was just a dodgy wire or plug, no change. 

I am really disappointed as the phone is  not even a year old and I am paying for it monthly. 

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

Faye

10 REPLIES 10
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Faye210,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

For the battery drain issue, I'd recommend reviewing your battery usage by app to see if any particular apps are causing the issue.

If you're having problems with multiple charging cables, there may be an issue with your phone's charging port. Can you see any lint/debris in it? Any signs of physical damage?

James

Hi James, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

In terms of  battery usage, no signs of apps draining significantly. I have also been my phone less than when I first bought it in February e.g todays screen time in 3hrs 9 min and I will not last more than 4-5 hr of use in a day.

Charging port is clear. I am very disappointed with the deterioration of the phone since February. Is this something I can raise with EE, and perhaps have the phone looked at or changed as I feel this is fault. 

Many thanks, 

Faye

James_B

Hi @Faye210,

Is that 4-5 hours of constant screen on time or just 4-5 hours of general use?

James

Danng8
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Faye, see this thread:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple-Devices/I-phone-battery-drain/td-p/1316325

I know yours is Android, but it just might be an EE mast problem in your area.

Try a pay as you go sim from a different supplier for a day or two and see if the problem goes away. If it does, report the problem to the EE coverage team.

Good luck 👍

Dana_Eddie42719
Visitor

I THINK THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE HAVING ISSUES WITH CHARGER PORTS I THINK THEY HAVE DEGAULTS ME N MY HUSBUND HAVE 2 OF THE GOOGLE PIXEL 7 PROS HERE NOT OLD NEW STILL MAKING PAYMENTS THEY BARELY CHARGE EVEN ON WIRELESS CHARCHES LOL SO THAT TELLS U THEYRE DEFAULTED PHONES ITS PORTS PHONE BATTERYS N STILL STUCK PAYING ON THEM

Christopher_G

Hi @Dana_Eddie42719 

Welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to our Technical Support team about this? They'll be able to run through some diagnostic tests with you and your husband.

Chris

Roy415
Visitor

Hi my pixel 7 has just done the same,rapid battery charge drop from 100% to 0 in 4 hours and now will not charge Its just over 1 year old and now stuck with a dead phone and 12 months of contract left to pay. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Roy415 

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you been able to try a different charger? 

Leanne.

Ianc01
Visitor

Has this been sorted? I have a Pixel 7 Pro that is only 7months old and won't charge properly. Port is clean and tried various cables.

Highly disappointing